The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there. I have a 5mo old kid who has been consistently been acting listless and dazey since August. She is anemic as well, going per FAMANCHA scale. I have wormed her multiple times with safeguard and now ivermec. I've given her shots of thiamine. Probiotics. Red cell and nutridrench. She gets a little w perked up and acts down again. Is she depressed or anyone have any ideas??? The rest of the herd is doing great.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Have you ran a fecal on her to include coccidia? That would be my first thing I would do... If she has hook worms, liver fluke something like that only Valbalzon and ivomec plus takes care of that.... I would get a fecal done ASAP..

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
absolutely get a fecal done obviously your wormer isnt working. meanwhile. what's her poop like? iwould anticipate that you will need ivomecplus you can get it in horse wormer. also a sulfa drug for coccidia. keep the red cell going you may want to up the dose. it may be the thimg that is keeping her going

·
Super Moderator
59,268 Posts
She is at the right age for coccidia which none of the wormers you used takes care of. You really need to have a fecal done and make sure they include coccidia. Then treat appropriately.

·
Registered
31,049 Posts
I ditto that...the best way to know whatyou are dealing with or if your womrer is working is a fecal...just gather some of her poo and take it in..be sire toask for Cocci exam, it take a few minutes longer and they dont always do one unless you ask...

With anemia you have to continue treatment until you see better color...
Red Cell daily for a week then once a week until you see good color return (6cc per 100#)
Vit. B 12 to support the rebuildingof red blood cells
mix 50/50 Apple cider vinegar and dose 10-20 cc daily
High protien feed, alfalfa and green leaves are helpful for her as well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts