Angel day 144 - fluffy pictures

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by 4hmama, Jun 14, 2009.

1. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    Waiting on our FF doe to kid - on day 140...she is larger than the pics show, but not quite ready to pop yet. Got a nice little udder started (I think :shrug: )
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Our newest additions
    This is Bonnie Blue, from Liz's place in PA...she's a sweet kid!
    [​IMG]

This is our Buttin' Head's buckling - Forrest Gump
    [​IMG]

Our Lost Valley Omega Red buckling - Omega's Legacy
    [​IMG]

Our Lost Valley Omega Red doeling - She needs a name - if anyone has any suggestions.....!
    [​IMG]

This adds several new lines to our older goats...hopefully we will have some good lookin' kids in years to come.

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Re: Angel day 140 and new kids (pic heavy)

They are all just gorgeous - specially Bonnie (ok I am partial - LOL)

your girl is looking really good and right on track to give you kids soon!!

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

looks like she has just a bit to go to fill that udder.

Kiddos are all real nice, what great additions

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Oh .......I love them all .......just beautiful.......... :love: :greengrin:

5. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009

Love your kids! :love: Looks like soon to me, I'll say she'll kid on her 145 day. I not a good guess though! :idea:

6. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio

Very pretty goats!

7. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV

Ligs are loose, but there...however, udder is FILLING! Some discharge.... Going to start putting her in the kidding shed tonight, if she lasts that long!

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

My goodness, you do have some great looking additions with the "younger generation"!
    As far as a name suggestion on the little buckskin doeling, Peaches comes to mind.

Angel is a very pretty doe! I like her color pattern.....and I'm guessing that her :girl: :girl: will be arriving on day 145.

9. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV

:) :) Thanks Liz! From your 'fingers' to God's ears! :)

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Oh yeah... babies soon....... :wink: :thumbup:

11. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV

Ligaments are pretty well gone, and she looks like a holstein cow! Put her in the kidding shed...planning on checking on her throughout the night. She is a FF, so not exactly sure what is in store.... Had an easy kidding with my first doe's freshening in March, so I hope that this one goes well also. Hope to report that we have a few doe kids tomorrow morning. :) :)

12. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

I hope so too! I'll be checking posts in the morning before I leave for work! Prayers for an uneventful and healthy kidding!

13. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    Re: Angel day 144 and new kids (pic heavy)

Lots of grunting and groaning, ligs are completely gone (have been since about dark last night). She is up/down, up/down, and has a lot of mucus discharge. No honest pushing yet. Babies are moving around. Hopefully soon...(it was a LONG night!) My 8 year old DD insisted on staying with the doe in the kidding shed...she fell asleep on the floor - but she insisted that I stay with her. Not a lot of room in there for me, sleeping daughter and pregnant doe! Hopefully - babies by noon??? How long can they go once ligs vanish??

14. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: Angel day 144 - no babies yet...

usualy 12 hours till pushing. She is probably waiting for you to leave her alone to start teh pushing. My very friendly doe waited till I was ignoring her and not looking directly at her to finaly start pushing. I hear her mom is just like that. once she started pushing there was no going back so I went into the pen with her and she was ok but every other time I just sat wtih her she acted like nothing was going on

15. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    Re: Angel day 144 - another buckling!

Had a black and white buckling about 1:00...passed placenta about a half hour ago, but I still feel something. Had to go in to help the little buckling - he had shoulders stuck and once I got his legs coming out right, we were fine.

Stupid question...went back in to feel for anything unusual (basically because I couldn't believe the doe only had one kid in there)...should the uterus feel 'empty'? I can feel around something - I honestly think there is another baby in there - but not sure. Any thoughts??? She isn't pushing much, but she didn't push much with the first baby.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

you went into her like we talked about? yah it usualy feels empty and bumpy on the side walls.

17. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN

Cute! (All of them) I suggest you name the doeling Bambi because she reminds me of a deer.
    There could be another kid in there but I'm not sire hopefully someone else will be able to help you.

18. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN

Adorable kid! :cool:

It is pretty unmistakable when they have a kid still inutero...hopefully she was all done.

19. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Congrats on the little one - what a cutie!!!

20. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Love the B/W combo on the cutie!

I would think she would be done, if you went inside and didn't feel any kid parts, she's done, it will take a couple hours for the uterus to go down in size....and I am very glad Stacey was available to help.