Angel Food Boxes

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by jay13, Feb 20, 2010.

1. jay13

jay13 New Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Central NC
    I did a search and didn't come up with anything so I hope this hasn't been posted before. There is a group called Angel Food Ministries. Its not a charity per se, but what it does is make groceries more affordable. They buy food at wholesale prices and then sell it for cost with no markup. Its like joining a wholesale food club without the fees!

I picked up my box today (figured I would give it a shot) and here is what I got for $30! Its supposed to be enough food for a family of 4 for a week. I doubt it somehow but still a good deal.

[​IMG]

Here is this month's menu.
    http://www.angelfoodministries.com/menus/menu_2010-03_en.asp

Its all distributed through local church programs by volunteers. I am volunteering at my local pick up point helping to put the boxes together for people. Its a once a month program but looks really cool. The meat looks to be good quality too so I will probably try some of the other specialty boxes next month :)

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    It doesn't look like a weeks worth for a family of 4 to me either , but, it is a great deal....any tips on saving money... really helps.....thanks for sharing.... :hug: :greengrin:

3. jay13

jay13 New Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Central NC
    I think its food for /dinners/ for a family for a week... but our appetites are bigger than the "suggested serving size." lol

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    The Angel Food boxes are common here, the local church has a "list" printed and handed out to people in the community there are a lot of different options for the money...and it also helps those who are on public assistance programs , I know my moms community also delivers to home bound people.

5. jay13

jay13 New Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Central NC
    Yup, they take food stamps and everything... just found them here... nice to know there is a place you can get the basics for not too much money without feeling like I am taking charity. I know, silly ego... oh well.