ANGEL KIDDED!!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by liz, Feb 19, 2008.

1. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Pics soon! Udder still not what it should be, minimal amount of milk, DOELING nursed as I can tell, one side softer than the other. Baby was dry and clean when I saw her 20 minutes ago! ANGEL IS FINE!!! Baby black with frosting

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! so glad all went well. A doeling to boot! wahoo :clap: :stars:

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Stacey, Angels udder is not any bigger than what it was in the pic on my previous post, Baby has no desire to nurse either. I was able to get some out of her and put a few drops in the kids mouth, she isn't interested. Do you think her udder size has anytrhing to do with the fact that this is day 145 for her? I hope it will increase over the next hours.

BTW...She is 2#4oz...afterbirth has passed and Angel had molasses water and a bit of grain as well as nutri drench,baby too.

4. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    is there any chance baby nursed already before you got out there?

Mia's udder was small and Destiny's is always small. Let me see if I can find pictures so you can compare.

5. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Thank you, I am scared this little one won't be getting enough.

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I was aways afraid of that with Destiny's udder - I never seemed to be able to get anything out of it, but her kids always grow so fast!

8. morganslil1

morganslil1 Guest

Nov 12, 2007
  9. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Stacey, both your girls have more than Angel! I'm going out with the camera now, she hardly has enough to fill my hand.

10. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Congrats on the new baby..I hope all goes well from now on.

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    liz feel the baby's belly and if it feels full she is getting enough. If she is hunched over and looks in pain she is hungry and not getting enough. I would watch for a few hours and see how things go.

12. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Here is Angels udder now, sorry the one is showing her post baby cha-cha
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This was 2 days ago, I'm not seeing much difference?
    [​IMG]

Angel and daughter...little Gem.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I think that is a good enough size to feed her little girl. It will get bigger as Gem demands more milk.

As long as Gem's belly feels full, she plays and sleeps fine then I wouldn't worry about it.

Looks like Gem is nursing now??

14. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Wow that is one small udder. She should have colustrum in it though and her milk may not have come in yet. She is young and that may be part of it who knows. The baby nursing should bring it in. Just watch and make sure the baby is pooping and peeing as that shows me more than anything else that they are getting something when nursing.

15. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Yes she has been nursing, you can hear her sucking and slurping so that's good, I did give her an ounce of the colostrum I had frozen just in case, and immediatly after she went to her mom and found a teat so I do hope her milk comes in soon. She does have some there, it seemed enough to satisfy Gem. I am so glad that Angel did well, I feel so bad that I wasn't with her and I had Tilly in the other kidding stall so Angel had her baby with Binky and her twins watching over her, maybe Binky even helped to clean up this baby, I don't know...she is a lively lil' girl. Angel is being very good as a mommy too.

16. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well thats great. I am sure all was fine as she kidded. I won't have enough stalls for everyone this year so it will be interesting for me as well with all of them due so close together

17. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Sounds like things are on track - congratulations

18. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Oh Liz!! I am glad everything went well! Adorable baby and mama!

19. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Congrats Liz! That's one cute little baby girl!!

20. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Well, I haven't seen Gem potty yet but she sure is full of energy! So she must be getting something from her mom.