Angels 4 day fresh udder

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by liz, Feb 23, 2008.

1. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I was so worried that Angel wouldn't have enough to feed her baby, Gem. Her udder was barely a handful after having her and now LOOK!!
    I am so happy that this baby is doing so well...both of them as Angel is only 9 months old.

This is the day she gave birth.
    [​IMG]

This is today, at 4 days fresh
    [​IMG]

Having a baby hasn't changed her at all, she is just as sweet as ever and really enjoys it when I touch her udder she just squats and lets me scratch and rub her! Hopefully she'll feel the same with her next freshening, which is a long ways off as I want her to mature a bit more first!

2. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    She looks great.I'm so glad everything worked out.

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Thank You Sara. I can now breathe easy knowing that little Gem is eating well!

4. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Your welcome.It's always good to know that animals are safe in good hands. :thumbup:

5. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Looks good. I've had a few do that, look real small at kidding and then blow up by a week or so.

6. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Here udder is looking good now. Glad she is doing well.

7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Very nice udder, its so tiny! Although I'm used to see big udders :p

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Thank you so much for your support Theresa, you and Stacey did reasure me that Gem would be fine and now Angel has proved you right! Not bad for a baby thats a mommy!....Do you think I should be giving her more than 2 tums a day for xtra calcium? Would it help her at all?

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Thats great to see. I knew it would eventually start to fill out.

10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I don't have any pics of Angels dams udder but it was really not good support wise, There was no median support or even much of a rear support, right now even though I can feel definition in Angels medial it is really hard to see and be able to tell what future freshenings will be like for her. I do hope that Hank has passed some of his dams tightness on to her.