angels leg?!!

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by AlaskaBoers, Mar 9, 2011.

1. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    So since I gave her first antibiotic shot, in her rear right leg, she's been
    walking like her pastern is very weak!
    She limps constantly, and holds her leg weird, I'll have to get a pic tomorrow. It's been over a week now..when will it wear off?

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    If you are giving the shots in the rear leg... it can be very dangerous...I dont like giving shots there... because of the sciatic nerve.. it will cause limping ...or paralysis...whether it be temporary or permanent... :( Hope it is just temporary....may take quite some time to get back to normal...but some never recover.... :hug:

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    thanks, yeah I was told to give it there. after that I gave it in her shoulder, where I'd normally inject. doesn't seem to hurt her.. but is a huge eyesore!

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Not wanting to alarm you here but my now 11 year old doe Bootsie was 2 years old when I gave a Pen G injection in her right rear leg as I was instructed to do...I hit the sciatic nerve and she still walks with an awkward gait..almost a limp.
    It doesn't hurt her or seem to cause any pain but the gimp is noticeable, not as bad when it first happened but I still feel really bad about it even after 9 years :(

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
  6. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am Praying... that she is going to fully recover... :pray: ....please Katrina... no more shots... in that location....even if ...someone tells you to do it....it isn't worth the risk.. .... :hug:

7. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    yeah really, think I learned something this time around! LOL

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Sometimes.. we learn the hard way......I am praying... it is temporary.... :hug: