Angels turn

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Di, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    I'm so nervous about this doe...she kidded a single doe kid that was DOA last Oct. I bred her to Fernando, in Dec. Then I though she came into heat again in Jan., so I bred her to my Tiny Town buck "Red". But she looks so big, I'm thinking she took on the first breeding...what do you think? She'd be due May 5?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She's looking pretty uncomfortable now, can't believe she'd wait another month! No udder yet, but she did that last time too...it filled right before she kidded.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well if she passes the first due date then you know you have the other one ;) I really think she will wait. Looks like twins :baby: :baby:

3. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Oh please :pray: think pink :girl: :baby:

4. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
  5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    how is her bag....is she filling.....is she tight or none at all ?

Thinking pink.. :girl: :girl:

6. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Very little udder, I think it looked a little plumper (is that a word?) today.

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I think so -- either way I know what you mean

8. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    OK, well, my silly girl is holding on. These must be Pepperoni's kids, she's had soft ligs one minute and tight the next (does that happen to you all?). :hair: I thought she was having contractions when I came home from work yesterday...but it was just her trying to get up! LOL, that was pretty funny, she kind of rocked back and forth and the jumped up!

OK, I'll put on the :coffee: and get ready for some evening pooch checks!

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW I would of said the first due date. Was the 5th the 150 day? I still think it will be any day. With that tail falling to the side, that is a very good sign of a close delivery unless it is always to the side.

10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Looks like twins to me! Wishing Angel and you a healthy and uneventful delivery!

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yah ligs can come and go. But another good thing to remember is to not check ligs after they pee or poop - they always feel looser after that which gives you a false 'reading'

12. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    I remember you saying that once before Stacey, she's still hanging in there, resting alot now, and rubbing her "self" on the picnic table. Udder looks a little more full, but, she didn't really bag up last time till she kidded. I'll take some pics tomorrow. Got to go shopping... :roll:

13. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Well, I got some new pics...same ole', same ole'.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She's just laying around mostly, ligs are still there. All this waiting was not a problem until I started working (yeh, I know, it's only two days a week), but, I really worry when I'm not here. :GAAH:

14. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Are you sure ...she isn't hiding a beach ball in there.... :wink:

She's so big........ :shocked:

15. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    LOL, thanks Pam...how many do you think she's cooking in there? I'm hopeing for twins, and at least one :girl: , don't want to be greedy but another :girl: would be excellent!

16. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Well Di.....to me ....it looks like twins......and I am thinking pink..... :girl: :girl:
    I pray... she gives you at least one .... really nice.... and healthy doeling.... but I am going to shoot for 2 pinks ....in my prayers.... :wink: :pray: :greengrin:

17. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Thanks again, but this doe is making me crazy, I got all excited about an hour ago, but, nope just kidding.

18. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    They seem do that to us......it is very stressful.... that is for sure..... :hug:

19. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Hey Di, how is Angel doing?

20. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Well, I just checked her, ligs are a little farther down, soft but still there. Udder is the same, but she didn't fill much the last time till she kidded. We're getting closer to the 2nd date now. So, I'm hoping she'll stop playing around now and get down to business, before I go :GAAH: