The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Crazy Goat Lady
4,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so nervous about this doe...she kidded a single doe kid that was DOA last Oct. I bred her to Fernando, in Dec. Then I though she came into heat again in Jan., so I bred her to my Tiny Town buck "Red". But she looks so big, I'm thinking she took on the first breeding...what do you think? She'd be due May 5?

She's looking pretty uncomfortable now, can't believe she'd wait another month! No udder yet, but she did that last time too...it filled right before she kidded.

·
Crazy Goat Lady
4,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, well, my silly girl is holding on. These must be Pepperoni's kids, she's had soft ligs one minute and tight the next (does that happen to you all?). :hair: I thought she was having contractions when I came home from work yesterday...but it was just her trying to get up! LOL, that was pretty funny, she kind of rocked back and forth and the jumped up!

OK, I'll put on the :coffee: and get ready for some evening pooch checks!

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
WOW I would of said the first due date. Was the 5th the 150 day? I still think it will be any day. With that tail falling to the side, that is a very good sign of a close delivery unless it is always to the side.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
yah ligs can come and go. But another good thing to remember is to not check ligs after they pee or poop - they always feel looser after that which gives you a false 'reading'

·
Crazy Goat Lady
4,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I remember you saying that once before Stacey, she's still hanging in there, resting alot now, and rubbing her "self" on the picnic table. Udder looks a little more full, but, she didn't really bag up last time till she kidded. I'll take some pics tomorrow. Got to go shopping... :roll:

·
Crazy Goat Lady
4,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I got some new pics...same ole', same ole'.

She's just laying around mostly, ligs are still there. All this waiting was not a problem until I started working (yeh, I know, it's only two days a week), but, I really worry when I'm not here. :GAAH:

·
Super Moderator
82,257 Posts
Well Di.....to me ....it looks like twins......and I am thinking pink..... :girl: :girl:
I pray... she gives you at least one .... really nice.... and healthy doeling.... but I am going to shoot for 2 pinks ....in my prayers.... :wink: :pray: :greengrin:

·
Crazy Goat Lady
4,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, I just checked her, ligs are a little farther down, soft but still there. Udder is the same, but she didn't fill much the last time till she kidded. We're getting closer to the 2nd date now. So, I'm hoping she'll stop playing around now and get down to business, before I go :GAAH:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts