The Goat Spot Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Crazy Goat Lady
4,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
:GAAH: this goat is trying to make me insane! But, she didn't start while I was at work so that's good. No ligs, but she's still eating this morning.

However, one of the Cashmere "teenagers" kidded right when I got home last night! Pretty little doe kid. This is the black goat that got caught in the fence last year and tore off her horn...Dharma. Text book birth, my grand-daughter (9), was here and since Dharma wouldn't let me help her, we watched from a few feet away and I explained what she was seeing. She was so excited, we were in the pasture, so I let her carry the kid up to the barn and I "wrestled" mom up there...she nursed pretty quickly...everything good there :clap:

·
Super Moderator
82,257 Posts
one of the Cashmere "teenagers" kidded right when I got home last night! Pretty little doe kid.
Di... Congrats on the newborn cashmere .... :greengrin: I was hoping it would of been Angel....but She seems to be making us all :hair: LOL .....she's gotta kid sometime she sounds so close............. :hug:

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS

I can not wait to see them. Well they were worth the wait.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
How cute. I thought this was your Cashmere that kidded. Guess not.

·
Crazy Goat Lady
4,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Thanks everyone. :stars:

Lori, I actually had 4 Cashmere does kid this week, I've just been so busy I haven't had time to post everything. The "teenagers" (that's what we call last years Cashmere does) were bred to Casanova, and then I worried for 5 months. I think I'll wait longer to breed these does, everyone says they are big enough the first year, but, I think I was really lucky that they kidded so easily. They each had singles and there were 2 doelings and 2 bucklings.

I have 1 buckling from the first Cashmere kids, that is so beautiful, he just screams "I am buck material"! I desperately want to keep him in my herd...but I told Hubby we will sell most of the Cashmere kids. :shrug: what to do, what to do?

Well, I'm done now for this year. We had 11 Cashmere kids, and 8 Nigerian kids. Sold 5 goats. I'll have 11-14 kids for sale, depends on if we keep the Cashmere doelings...I think I should sell them...my Cashmere herd is getting quite large! :shocked:

·
Super Moderator
82,257 Posts
Your welcome Di....... :wink: :cool:

I have 1 buckling from the first Cashmere kids, that is so beautiful, he just screams "I am buck material"! I desperately want to keep him in my herd...but I told Hubby we will sell most of the Cashmere kids. :shrug: what to do, what to do?
I wish you could keep that buck.... :hug:

So how are Angels babies today....have they learn to nurse yet? :pray:

41 - 60 of 60 Posts