Angels waiting thread * new pics* KIDDED!!

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by liz, Mar 15, 2010.

1. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I am aprehensive about starting this because of the kiddings I have had up til now...Bailey having an issue pushing her boy out and Binkey losing both her kids in utero so I am really scared how Angel's is going to be. :sigh:
    Anyhow, Angel was bred to Teddy on October 22 and again on the 29th because I saw her in a "5 day heat". She'll be on 145 tomorrow the 16th with the first breeding and is on 138 today with the second breeding.
    This is her 3rd freshening
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don't go by udder growth with her because it does not get big at all.
    [​IMG]

Also....her poll has no bucky smell. Bink and Bailey both smelled bucky and had boys.
    Angel is a very deep doe, she hid twins very well last year and was not wide like she is now. These are also Teddy's last kids, he's been neutered.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Re: Angels waiting thread

looks like twins...I will pray.. that all goes well..... :pray: :hug:

3. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California

She is a pretty girl! And it looks like she has really nice long teats on that lil udder, esp since she has a ways to go to fill.

I'll be :pray: for a healthy delivery. She looks really long, wide, AND deep... could she be hiding :kidred: :kidred: :kidred: in there? :pray:

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

I don't know if there is more than 2 in there...and her udder is as big as it's gotten with her 2nd freshening, she fed her twins just fine though.

Thanks for the prayers Pam...I really appreciate them.

5. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009

She is a beautiful doe - I'll guess twin doelings.
    I'll pray for a safe delivery and for healthy kids a mom!

6. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI

Hoping for 2 healthy doelings for her! :) Come on, Angel!

7. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Thank you :hug:

Angel is my "sneaky" girl, since I can't go by udder growth as far as an impending delivery, she makes me guess cause her ligs stay "there" til she's down and pushing!

Her first freshening was accidental...she was 4 months old when 7 month old Chief nailed her thru the fence, I went by the day I saw that happen and sure enough she decided to have her little girl without me! Her udder was half the size it is now and she did very well feeding her. Last year was the same way...Binkey had her baby on Sunday and Angel wasn't showing ANY signs at all..I got off work Monday proceeded to feed and milk, next thing I know Angel's on the floor pushing! 2 boys within a minute of each other, first no sooner had his face cleared and his brother was on top of him!

With all of your prayers and well wishes, I can get through the last kidding of the year :hug:

8. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine

Sending positive kidding vibes your way for Angel. We're here :pray: and thinking of you both as you make your way through this time.

9. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California

I read that story on another thread, and it still amazes me. What a great goat... sneaky to be sure... but to kid by herself at 9 months old just shows what a wonderful and spunky girl she is!

Will continue to :pray: for you and the kidding. After such a rough year I pray that some angel up there is watching down on the Angel down here... listening to all our prayers!

10. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio

Will be praying :pray: for you and your Angel - for easy kidding and healthy babies! :kidred: :kidred:

11. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio

Liz hope everything goes well for you and Angel. I love her color would love to have a white nigerian. The two colors I always want and never get is white and buckskin. O well long as their healthy that's all that matters anyways. Can't waite to see baby pics.

12. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Thank you for the very sweet replies.
    Ya know something Joanie? Angel was totally an UNEXPECTED color! Her mom is a light gold/white nigi/pygmy and her dad is my black pygmy Hank....who would have thought a white kid would come from the 2?

I'm seriously thinking that since she had that 5 day heat that she'll wait til next week.

13. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

yah probably next week -- just enough time to make you go crazy waiting

Joanie didnt you purchase a buckskin doe recently?

14. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio

Yes I did but guess what she is double teated on one side. So I cant even breed her unless its for pets.

15. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

oh bummers -- well lets hope Lark throws another buckskin with Jbug ;)

16. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio

Yes that would be cool.

You know what stinks though, is that I had her in with my buck Charlie for a whole day while she was in heat. So now I will have babies maybe and cant register them. But I seen him mount her but didnt ever see the deed down so dont know if it took are not. Now Im hoping it didnt. O well live and learn.

17. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

She's still holding on...though her pooch is a very pretty shade of pink and is getting that relaxed look to it.

These were taken today... I am still thinking she is definately gonna hit 145 on Tuesday.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These were taken on the 17th.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Praying that all goes well :pray:

18. shadycreekgoats

shadycreekgoats New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    Re: Angels waiting thread * new pics*

she's is beautiful!!! :love: :love: Hoping for a easy and safe delivery with just what you want!!! :greengrin:

19. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia

She is adorable! :)

20. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine

Yes, continued :pray: for Angel.