The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arg now Angie is sick! Guess she was jealous of her brother. She has really smelly diarrhea. At first it looked a lot like the strongid dewormer paste but now it is really watery like yellow chalk and water. I gave her 1 and a half cc pepto. Should I be worried? Should I see if I can take a sample into the vet? These goats are going to make me :hair:

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
a sample to the vet wouldn't be a bad idea. You already did what I would have done with the pepto.

First thought is ecoli since you said it is pale in color??

reading right now in my big vet book - will let you know if I come up with anything

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh these goat are going to make me broke lol. Anyways I am going to the barn to take her temp now. I just got a new thermometer the other kicked the bucket today! I think I am going to call my vet to make sure I shouldn't take her in. Since she is only a week old it worrys me.

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well her temp was 101. She is still drinking milk from her mom fine. I can tell she doesn't feel right but I would feel silly calling the vet right now. If she is still scouring tomorrow then I will call.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
I wouldn't bring the goat in, I would just take a sample to the vet.

I would wait it out and see.

Can you give some details on the goats, age, when the diarrhea started, what color it is etc.

I was reading up on diarrhea in goats and I have some ideas but don't want to throw things at you that aren't relevant

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess I was just over reacting because she is good tonight. Playing and jumping around like normal. Her poo is pretty firm now. So I feel much better tonight.

She is a week old and it just started this morning. It was yellow like strongid dewormer in every way this morning. Tonight it was more a brown yellow and more like a dog poo. I think she ate some of her moms grain and it upset her tummy.

Sorry for going crazy lol. I am just on edge since her poor brother Bambi last night. He is really crazy today. My mom said thats from the steroids. I guess it can make people manic. So, I had a manic goat baby today!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts