The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was posting to a thread about new kids and their playfulness and innocence and how much fun they are When the thought crossed my mind about the most disliked animals we encounter. So if you have a bone to pick or kick about some kind of animals now is a good time to speak up. I will start off with my most disliked animals. #1 is the Skunk, why because they carry rabies and stink to high heaven when they let loose the pee. They breed like rats and hide in the worst places. #2 would be the Ole Coyote, the coyote is good for catching mice but other than that I can't think of anything they are good for. However they are trouble in every other way because they eat fawns, goats, baby calves, chickens, house lap dogs that are let out to go the the bathroom and don't return and any other animal that they can catch, cripple or kill for food. My dislike for the coyote is well known. #3 Wild pigs as they damage crops, damage pastures, eat the food that the deer depend on for food, turkey eggs as well as other birds, baby birds and sometimes eat chickens, fawns and anything else they can catch. They are not just vegetarians. Cause vehicle accidents. #4, Bobcats are way down on the list as they are not much of a problem but can be if hungry enough. Then fawns, all birds, chickens, goats, turkeys, ducks and geese are fair game. # 5 Stray Dogs are just plain problems. We here in america people need to keep their dogs and take care of them or turn them into the animal shelter for adoption. Don't take your dogs out into the country and turn it loose hoping it will find a home. It is going to be a problem for who ever it tries to take up residence with. Few exceptions. Ok I have rambled enough now it's your turn.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Can we include reptiles? Snakes! Only good one..is a dead one. They are silent killers of any type of mammel or foul ba by. They swallow eggs whole. They will bite does udders, or small animals. So..if I dont have a pistol...then and rock, knife. Or stick will knock them out of their area..and then they die.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
wild hogs!!! i dot have a big prob w/ them anymore, because the neighbors and us have killed alot and they just know not to stick around! i dont even like pet pigs.. YUK!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Bugs! Bugs! Bugs! All bugs. Big bugs. Small bugs. I'm talking ants, gnats, flies, SPIDERS, mosquitoes, centipedes. If it crawls/jumps/flies on more than two legs and isn't a mammal, it is game over for me. The rare exceptions are maybe caterpillars or butterflies.

Everyone tells me that spiders eat bugs, but they're the worst of all.

Kinda silly since farms have bugs everywhere...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Leeches are it. Maybe mosquitos? I don't like parasites. That's about it. I don't like cane toads. I suppose I basically don't like invasive animals, but I feel sorry for them - it isn't their fault idiot humans brought them to Australia.

Snakes are both very abundant (Australian bush) and very useful where I live (they kill non-native rats), and they don't really worry me. I wouldn't pick one up, but if I see one it doesn't upset me.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Coyotes, loose dogs and feral cats are my top three mammals.
Mosquitoes, flys and chiggers for insects.
I don't mind reptiles.
Pretty much if these went away I'd be a happy camper

·
Registered
234 Posts
Most despicable animal:
#1 Coyote. They aren't afraid of people where I live. I've seen more on the outskirts of town than in the country.
#2 Stray dogs. Yep, I'm that neighbor that doesn't appreciate your dog dropping over uninvited to rummage through my trash. My goats are miniatures and they are afraid of dogs. I'm seriously concerned that the goats will run and the dogs will feel obliged to chase. You can see where this is going.

Most despicable reptile:
#1 Snakes of all species. For the most part, the only good snake is a dead snake. I let one Blacksnake live this summer because they logged the neighboring farm. I told the hubs I would give him the opportunity to relocate but if I saw him again he would lose his head. I never saw him again so all I have to say about that is "Well played Mr. Snake."

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
1. Rattle snakes
2. Bears
Those two freak me out and I dislike them
3. Ground squirrels
4. Stray dogs
They can and usually do cause so many issues
5. Fire ants
6. Yellow jackets
Those pretty much hate me. No matter if there’s 100 people standing with me they pick me out of a crowd! It was foggy and cold yesterday when we were running some cows threw to give some shots, 4 other people and those dang ants shouldn’t have even been out but they did and came after me!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts