Anna kidded!!!!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Sweet Gum Minis, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I clipped Anna yesterday with some of the other does and took these pictures today. Please excuse the unclipped udder, haven't done that yet. She wasn't too thrilled with being clipped anyway. ;)

She's hard to get pictures of because she loves to stand right next to me and get loves. I just love this doe. So I'd have to walk ahead of her and stop and take pictures of her coming to me. Haha
    [​IMG]

Here she was walking up the hill...
    [​IMG]

Udder progess...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gosh its killing me waiting!!!! She was penned with Cruiser and could be due tomorrow. I don't know if she'll make that date. I need to double check but I don't think her next date is till after the show the 12th. I'll have to double check.

When do you think she'll kid and what will she have??? :D

2. SouthernSky

SouthernSky New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Orangeburg,SC
    Re: Anna, when will she go??? Pictures!!!

She looks like she's about to POP!!! I'm thinking :girl: :girl: :boy:

3. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

That would be cool, thanks! I do hope that she makes this date and kids by Cruiser. :)

4. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah

I agree she looks like she is going to pop. I feel sorry for her she is huge.
    :girl: :girl: :baby: Suellen

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

I think that she will have triplets - MAYBE quads - an I think that she will go within 48-72 hours.

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

She's either gonna have triplets :girl: :girl: :boy: or twins :girl: :boy: ...and soon, it doesn't look as though she'll hold on another week!!

7. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

She's definitely gotten more udder in the last day or so than she's had. Here she is the 4th which was only Friday...
    [​IMG]

She's definitely bigger and I really do hope she kids within 48-72 hours. How cool!!! :D

8. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA

Oh dear...poor baby! She looks...well...huge! She looks as big as Izzy, and Iz had quads! Good luck with that!

9. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Anna's a petite sized doe. I've had 2 sets of quads this year, one set was a 3 doe/1 buck set and the second 3 bucks/1 doe. We've had 2 sets of triplets this year, both being 2 does and a buck. They didn't look big enough to be carrying triplets either. :eek:)

So I wonder what she'll have. I do hope there's some does!!!!

10. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa

She is looking closer!!! I think Chenille will hold off till the 29th (150) so she could go as early as the 19th but hopefully not :shocked:

Anna is a very pretty girl!! I love her color!

11. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho

I say triplet does with lots of color! :girl: :girl: :girl:

12. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

I hope your right Briana!!! :D Anna's in no hurry. She's tricky on those ligaments too. One minute she's mushy and only has 1 ligament on one or the other side and the next I can feel both and she isn't very mushy. I think she could be tricky. She's snoozing right now so we'll see.

Thanks Chelsey! I love her coloring too and she's the sweetest doe you could dream of. I totally love her! She'll walk up to you and give you the big brown eyes. So naturally you have to love on her. She'll bow her head and close her eyes and let you love and scratch. Oh, I just love her!!! I like all 3 of my Buttin'Heads girl's personalities. :love:

13. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa

So I guess there is no talking you into giving her to me then? :wave: Her kids will be beautiful - that I do know.

14. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

:lol: No, she's one who'll stay. This morning her ligaments were there, so I went about my business feeding and milking. Came back to get ready to let her out of her stall for the day and then didn't feel her ligaments. Called hubby in, he felt, nope no ligaments. So I checked again and they were there again! UH!!!!!!!! :hair: Let her out and as we were wrapping up and starting back up the hill to the house and everyone was out she came to us and stood so sweet. Like usual so I felt her ligaments. Now one is mushy and gone and the other is there. I have no clue what all this means in terms of her kidding. She's due today if by that first date. I'll have to go back and look to doublecheck she won't kid this week. I really don't remember now what dates it is. I believe the next date is the 14th but I'm not positive. :p

15. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Ok my notes say...

11-6-07
    Penned Anna with Cruiser.

11-8-07
    Penned Fuchsia with Anna and Cruiser. She had discharge yesterday but I probably missed her heat. (Apparently I missed it altogether considering she was already pregnant. Haha)

11-10-07
    Separated Fuchsia from Anna and Cruiser. She was getting picked on and not interested in being in the pen.

11-20-07
    Anna stood for Cruiser today. Due April 18th, 2008 if settles.

What I don't recall is whether or not she was penned from the 6th through the 20th or if I'd let her back with the does around the 10th through the 20th. So I don't know if she could be due anytime in the middle there or if she's now not due till the 18th.

16. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa

I see your dilemma. I would say she is due more around the 14th of this month (that is possible, right?)

Oh and Carol just told me in an email she was going to the show, I had thought how in the world can she make it?? She has had 10 kiddings in the past week and a half. And to be clipping and getting ready? I was surprised! But happy, as I get to see the baby doe I am trading Caribou for :dance: Talk about multi-tasking!

17. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Must be a good multi-tasker. I'm exhausted and I still have lots to do.

Some of the kids we're trying to bottle train are not interested. They have to be pet wethers so we're trying to make them more friendly since they were turning wild. They're not very easy to bottle raise. The other one we pulled is Gwen and she's a gem, easy thing to bottle feed. :)

I think from my notes, that Anna was with Cruiser through the whole time. Because if she hadn't been with him on the 20th I would have mentioned her flagging at the buck pen or had discharge so I put her with him. Something like that. So since I didn't mention anything like that as a reason for me to put her with him, then she must have been with him already.

Anyway, that said, she could be due anytime from now through the 18th. :hair: So much for a due date. Ha!

18. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho

So....my Smancha babies might be here before yours:). Of course who knows really I guess since Scrumptious seems quite content to be fat and sassy.

19. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Still trudging along... no change. Udder might be a little bigger, but other than that nothing new.

20. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa

The little stinker! Sounds like she may hold out till the weekend. Chenille is also at a stand still :roll: