Anna's Udder

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by Sweet Gum Minis, May 2, 2008.

1. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Here's Anna's udder from this morning. About 36 hours fresh. She was not filled in, just took some piccies since I was giving her udder a bath. Anyway, Anna will be 8 years old next month. I don't need anymore bucks but I think I might just bite the bullet and keep one of her twin bucks. I mean what if she never settles again or what if, God forbid, something were to happen to her and these were her last babies? I'd hate myself for letting them go. So I'll just keep one most likely. I'll clip her udder again in a few more days and get some more photos. What do you think? I'm pretty darn excited about it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Somehow I just knew you would keep one :greengrin: I think it looks nice!!!! Especially for a doe who is 8! Can't wait to see full pics!

3. hornless

hornless New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    It looks great! That rear height and width! I had a feeling you would keep one, too..

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    She's "perfect"! And at 8 years old, these could be her last kids....a buckling to pass on that udder is a wonderful idea! Besides that they are both sooo cute! I personally would absolutely enjoy milking her...teats are great and the capacity looks very good as well as the attachments keeping her teats out of the milk pail! :greengrin:

5. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I've milked her some twice and boy is she a dream. Her and Faith are probably my favorite two to milk Those teats are easy to grip and breeze the milk out. I love her udder. She's such a tiny doe for such a big udder! I haven't decided yet if I'll drag her to Carol's show. I'm on the fence with showing right now. Thought about taking a break but on the other hand it might be fun! I'll have to play with her some and see how she feels about the whole thing. ;)

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I think she would do great as a senior doe! My goodness, those judges would have to be blind to not see how beautiful she and her udder are!

7. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Thanks! I may have to take her to some. We're not going to make it to the one this weekend. Too soon for her I think and second I just don't feel up to a trip and show this weekend.

8. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Wow!! She has a really pretty udder! :)