Another Alpine to look at

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Dreamchaser, May 14, 2009.

1. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Okay what do you think of this one:

[​IMG]

Sorry for the terrible pic, this is the one she sent me. She is supposed to be an Alpine, but she is black and white spotted. *shrugs*
    Is this a "correct" color? I just emailed back to see if she was maybe a mix. She looks like she might have a roman nose, which is a no-no for an alpine. I see some nubians in the background... *peaks around the goat* She looks like she has upright ears, but again, kindof a bad picture.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    does look like a cross....that nose is a little different.... :scratch:

3. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    The goat behind her is deffinately a mix of some sort.

4. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I've seen alpines that color, but I really don't like her head.

5. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree....Sarah...it is definitely not ....Alpine character.......

6. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

She is an alpines, but a very homely one. She is very short bodied and narrow. what a lot of breeders would called pinched. She has a very large homely head. More straight then the dished look she should have. And she has horns. Im not sure if you are ok or noth with that. But she would never make it in the show ring.
    beth

7. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    ditto exactly what beth said. you took the words right out of my mouth.

nice colour

she'd be fine for a home milker, but like beth said she'll never be a show goat and probably not an extremely high producing doe either. not sure whether that is an issue for you or not.

8. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Yeah, the price was right, and the gal seemed like she needed to get rid of her herd. It looks like she's selling a lot of things to stay afloat. Much like the rest of us I'm afaid. There really isn't anything out here. Don't know why I keep trying. Like I said, bitten by the goat bug, but there isn't any Alpine to be had! Ah well. They will come in good time. Hopefully by the end of the summer I'll have my ducks, err, goats in a row. I am really trying to get things straightened out in my life. A lot of crap to wade through.

Why is our live so filled with crap...goat crap, dog crap...life's crap too! *laughs*

I should take pics of my Alpine and get your opinions of her. She isn't very level, but she's a sweet girl, and she got me started.

9. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your next beautiful Alpine... will fall into your hands.....don't worry .......things will work it's way around for you..... Hang in there........:hug:

we would love to see pics of your Alpine...... :greengrin:

I agree ....crap can be thick in life at times......but....... it can be cleaned up ... then ...the air is clean again.......... :wink:

10. tremayne

tremayne New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    My daughter has two new Alpine bucklings that will be up for sale in the coming months. They'll be two weeks old on Sunday, so clearly they won't be ready to got for some time. Let me know if you'd like to see recent pics. Their dam is a registered American Alpine and their sire is a registered Purebred Alpine. Both boys are chamoise. We're in California, so not all that far from AZ. Let me know if you just want to see them.

I love Alpines, too. They're so smart and they come in almost as many colors as the Nigies.

Anna

11. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Sure, I'd love to see pictures Anna.

12. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Well - I have two nice Alpine doelings soon to be for sale. They have a very good background - their momma would be a 4 star milker if the breeder had actually gotten her tested. There is some Superior Genetics in their background also. Here's a couple of pictures... not stretched out but gives you an idea:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Cinder.....cute goatie and goat in the background............. :love:
    Love..... :love: ... Mr Quakers to.......... :wink: :greengrin:

14. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    toth boer goats said:
    Thank you!

That's Popper... he's a mascot from another site (chicken). We send them to people who live around the world - who then take pictures of the mascots doing things in their hometown area and post them to share with others. It's been fun.

15. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    and those photos were right before the goat decided to try polyester duck hair :greengrin:

16. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    your welcome....
    hey.... that's a cute idea with the mascot .......... :wink: :greengrin:

:ROFL:

17. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

If youre up for traveling the national show is in california this summer.
    Cinder i would love to have that little bald faced doe of yours. I love chammys with bald faces. I have a sundgau witha bald face. she is really neat looking.
    beth

18. tremayne

tremayne New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Dreamchaser, I haven't forgotten to post new pics of the Alpine kids. I've been taking a load of pics, but somehow, I haven't captured their present cuteness. I'll post pics asap. Promise. :thumbup:

Anna