Another banding Q - UPDATED

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Epona142, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    So uhm . . . how do you know its working?

I'm really afraid these bands were just too big, despite the reassurances from you guys. It doesn't seem to be cutting off the circulation at all, the testicles are still warm and everything. It SEEMS tight, and it where its supposed to be, but but . . .

I don't want to mess up! :oops:

It HAS only been a week but . . . please reassure me again! :(

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: Another banding Q

it will first swell a bit then slowly dry up.

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

:hug: He's fine....and they will shrivel up hard in no time! I do apply bluekote to the area around the band daily, so I know how you feel!

Seeing them on a daily basis to be sure that there is no infection once the band breaks the skin can be one way of making sure that all is well, you'll see a very noticeable difference in another week.

4. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

It doesn't SEEM to be swelling . . . but they might be. I check them everyday for the reasons liz stated so I am keeping an eye on them.

I would just hate to have not done something right! I'll let you guys know how it goes.

5. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

Are both testicles in the band? You probably did just fine. :thumb:

6. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

Oh yes, I made certain they were both there. They might have been swollen today...its hard to tell! :oops:

7. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa

It seems like it takes FOREVER but I'm sure you did everything right :wink: It took about 2 months when we did our steer and it seemed just as long when we did our wether. Then one day I walked out and they had fell off. I never thought I'd be that happy to see a pair of testicles gone :slapfloor:

8. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

Well, both of them have cold shriveled hard testicles! I guess I did it right! :clap:

9. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    See....knew it was a done deal! :ROFL:

They may take a while to drop off though, don't panic ok. Some will just "be gone" when you check again, others seem to hang on forever.