Another buck- opinions

Discussion in 'Meat Market' started by Maggie, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Maggie

Maggie New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Floyd, Va
    I have another buck I wanted opinions on :p He has bulldog and renoir on both sides. Clean teated, full pigment(as you can see from the pics).
    What I don't like- he is not terribly long and a bit short in the loin. I like that he appears to have really nice thick bone and width. What do you think of him?

Attached Files:

2. Maggie

Maggie New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Floyd, Va
    mom and dad.

Attached Files:

3. Maggie

Maggie New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Floyd, Va
    I couldn't get the newer pic to attach, heres one about a month ago.

Attached Files:

4. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
  5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Nice buck.... I really like his Dam... :wink: :thumb:

6. Maggie

Maggie New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Floyd, Va
    toth- you could just ship me one of your bucks instead. I just looked at your site, I am in love with Cant Deny This. He is gorgeous!

7. ()relics

()relics New Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Indiana
    you say the buck is clean teated; is that clean 2 or clean more than 2? Some people don't care one way or the other, but it is the first thing I look at in a buck. Also do you have his birth weight, wean weight/age, and adg to 100 days? Was he a twin? It is hard to see his "back end". I like to look at a buck's squareness and depth, as well as his scrotal circumference, from the rear, all important points of any buck. Would you be using him on a show line or on a production line does? I think he looks thick enough to give you some really nice kids but I would have to do a little more research, both paperwork and hands on, before I would make a decision either way.
    I would agree his dam looks REALLY nice. If you own her congratulations; if you don't you may want to try to buy her...I tried the red lines several years ago and came to the conclusion that sacrificing size for color was not very profitable, at least for me....Not to rule out this guy but again I would look at his early records very carefully, just so you know what you are getting.

8. Maggie

Maggie New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Floyd, Va
    I do not know his birth weight. He is 2 teated. He was a twin, his sister is much smaller.
    And no the dam is not mine.
    Here is another rear photo, slightly more straight on then the other I posted. He was 6 mos in it.

Attached Files: