Another buck soon to be a part of our herd. :)

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by KW Farms, Sep 30, 2009.

1. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Ok...I know...I know...I already have plenty bucks...but I ran across this boy and decided to get him on a trade. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE his bloodlines. You can see him and a couple of his kids here... http://www.rosasharnfarm.com/c-semenSale.html

Rosasharn Tom's B'Udder Up*S

Sire: ARMCH Goodwood Tom Thumb +*SE
    Dam: Stonewall's Baby 'Uddercup 2*D

He will be here around beginning of November. :cool:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Congrats -- are you shipping him in from MA?

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that is so exciting..... :leap: ....congrats he is very nice.... :love: ...November seems to be a long ways away....it is going to drive you nuts ...to have to wait that long.... :help:

4. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    How cool! Are you getting him from Mystic Acres? Seems I remember her owning that buck at some point. Nice addition!

5. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Thanks guys...I am SOOO excited! I have been wanting bloodlines like this for a LONG time! I am getting him from someone who got him from Mystic Acres if I remember correctly.

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Congrats - he is a bute!!!

7. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I just looked at your website and saw you did so well at the fair. Congrats! Was that a sanctioned show? I am not so nervous about showing anymore after watching the State Fair and soooo badly want to show next year! :) Can't wait!

8. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Awww...thanks. We just got back yesterday. I was so pleased with Electra...she did wonderfully! It wasn't a sanctioned show unfortunately. They didn't get enough people there. Me and another lady are going to try and rally some nigi breeders around the area next year to see if we can get one sanctioned. That would be sweet! Showing is SOOO fun. I just love it and you get a lot of possible customers that way as well.

9. poppypatch

poppypatch New Member

May 30, 2009
    Montesano WA
    Congratulations on the new buck!!

There is a breeder here who would probably come to your fair if it looks like there would be a sanction. She had looked into it last year but looked like Nigerians were being put in AOP so she decided not to go.
    We cannot go to any show far away where we cannot be home to feed at night. Too many animals back at home.

You should make it within the next year would think. Nigerians are strong at Puyallup. There have always been double the sanction requirements from the time they let us in 2007 and it has grown every year since. Have not heard the final numbers yet from this year but was talking to the show sec and she said the Nigerians pulled the highest numbers out of all the breeds at the fair this year.

Shannon
    Poppy Patch Farm

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Kylee -

If you get it sanctioned, let me know. I can bring down some animals and maybe "camp out" for the weekend!

11. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh I will definately let you know Allison. I think there are several people around Yakima that might want to get one sanctioned, if you could make it that would be awesome! I still have a year to see if we can get one at the CWSF...but it's looking promising.

12. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Congrats Kylee!! He is a very handsome fellow! Can't wait to see what you get from him! :D

13. ChestnutGrove

ChestnutGrove New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Tennessee
    Huge congrats on a great addition! Can't wait to see what he does for your herd!

14. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    He is here!!! And even more handsome in person! I am so excited to see what he produces for us!!

15. mnspinner

mnspinner New Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Congrats! You can't go wrong on the Tom Thumb line. If I had to pick my all-time best ND herdsire he'd be it. An almost perfect buck. My best doe is out of a TT son, Keiki Kane and I'm building a line on him. Wonderful conformation and can she put it in the pail.
    Sounds like you made a great choice!

16. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    WOW!! He is GORGEOUS Kylee!! Congrats!!!!! :leap: :leap: