Another Cha-cha pic...New Pics 12/27

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by bbredmom, Dec 1, 2008.

1. bbredmom

bbredmom New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Alright, I'm growing suspicious of Ms. Etta. I've had her for two months now. When I first got her and her "brothers", they were horribly skinny and wild.

http://thegoatspot.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5110

Well, now Etta is almost a snuggle bunny. Butch is way too cool for it, but will tolerate the scritches. Sundance....not so much. He's crazy.

Anyway, as I was feeling them over tonite like I always do, I felt a movement in her right side. Then I noticed her udder was a little full, and her belly was tight. I've been suspicious of her for the last two weeks or so (remember Allison!), but since I thought she had gone into heat, now I'm starting to think my Mrs. Etta is preggers after all.

Plus, and I know this is going to sound buts, I kinda always know when someone/something is pregnant. Its gotten to where my cousins come to me when they start to suspect it as well. So far, I'm 5 for five! I also knew that mrs rosie was pregnant, and Lil bit before y'all confirmed it. And I'm getting that vibe from her.

So, here are the pooch pics. What do you think? I would guess she would be 3-4 months along. The woman I got her from never seperated the buck from her, so who knows....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: Another Cha-cha pic...

it is possible, I cant feel her udder but dont see much of one forming but that means nothing really

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

You can always do a preg test. It is 7.50 plus the shipping of about 5 dollars - it would let you know for sure :)

4. bbredmom

bbredmom New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Central Arkansas

Yeah, Rosie didn't form much of an udder until the last month, really the last two weeks.

I cannot draw blood on a goat. I can do dogs, cats, lizard, snakes, but not goats. Tell you what, you fly out here, draw the blood, we go shopping w/o the husbands, and all is well!

5. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007

kelebek - are they special goat pregnancy tests? I have never heard of them before... at what period of gestation do they work, and do you think it would be possible to ship them as far afield as... say... Ireland?

6. bbredmom

bbredmom New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Central Arkansas

Kelebek's website has links to the testing. I dont know about Ireland, but if you email them, they may have British Isle Associates that could help you out.

Well, Rosie's heat has come and gone, and Etta is still just Etta. Butch has not tasted her pee (yuck!) or anything.

Babies! I hope....

7. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Too me, she does look preggy....would this be her first time? And it's good that Rosie has cycled for you too, hopefully she'll let you wait awhile before she kids again.

8. bbredmom

bbredmom New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Central Arkansas

Yes, this would be her first time. Somehow my farm has turned into a fertility temple for supposedly barren does. Both Rosie and Etta had been bred before with no results. They hit my land-BAM! babies.

Yeah, I'm hoping Rosie hold off for a little while too. I need to call the vet and the Butch wethered anyway. I'll probably do that as sson as I can tell for sure Etta is preggo. Thanks!

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Hey Kate - you better not stay in the barn to long - you might be the next to end up preggers - LOL! :ROFL: Drawing blood on a goat is the exact same as doing a neck stick on a dog or cat..... exactly - but you know - an airplane ride and shopping does sound tempting!!! :wink:

I am sorry that I didn't get back to you all about the prego tests.

YES they are specific to goats. BUT, I am going to do some experimenting now that I have my test results back this weekend and see if I can come up with an easy way to tell pregnancy without mailing bloodword in. I know with horses you can use swimming pool Ph strips - so I am going to try that with does that I know are preggers and ones that are definately not and see what I see!!! I will let you all know.

LesserEvil - I will send an email to Jeremy at BioTracking and see if you can mail over - I don't see why not! When talking to Chuck, the Senior Research Analyst and PhD., said that even though they can usually tell at 26 days past breeding on the test, for mini breeds, he prefers to wait till 30-32 days... sooooo, with yours, you would be good at sending in blood at 26 days :)

10. bbredmom

bbredmom New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Central Arkansas

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! No babies for me, thank you very much!

I know technically its the same, but I never can do it! I had poor Rosie tied down, and still couldn't pull blood! I think I've lost my touch...

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

You really have to have someone hold the head for you to be able to do it. The only one that I could do by myself, was dear Joe. I would stand over the top of him, facing the same way as him, holding him with my legs, bent over the top, using my elbow to hold his head to the side, and draw upside down - LOL! I bet that was a sight from behind!

12. bbredmom

bbredmom New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Central Arkansas

Well, I definitely felt a little kick last night. So babies!

But I have no idea when. She could be anywhere from 2-4+ months along! I'm guessing about 3-3.5, based on her size and udder formation. Her ligs are mushy, but still obviously there. So much for being barren....

So probably January/February Babies for Etta, and March babies for Rosie. Oh, Butch has been a very bad boy.

13. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

See - she just needed good food and love

14. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007

bbredmom do you think Etta got pregnant before or after coming to your farm. Cause if after... you could get LOTS of babies haha as she would've been on a /mega/ rising plane of nutrition :ROFL:

15. bbredmom

bbredmom New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Central Arkansas

LW, you hush! The last thing I need is her throwing trips, and me having to sneak a baby into work to bottlefeed for three weeks!

In all seriousness, she most likely got pregnant before she came here. The previous "owner", and I use that term loosely, said, and I quote:

"Wellll, he been trying to knock her up fer the last few weeks, but I sure as $hit dont know if she took. "

So there ya go.

16. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007

haha! QUADS! hahahhaa :ROFL:

*looks evil*

17. bbredmom

bbredmom New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Central Arkansas

Squeeee! Etta is getting a little milk bag, and is positively rotund! Babies!

And rosie is also lookin rather filled. I know she couldn't be more than a month along, but she shows really early.

Babies, babies, babies, babies...... :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

ETA: Pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She was being uncooperative, but you can see her starting to bag up. Its a good two handfuls. Squee!