Another Craigslist ...

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by keren, Feb 4, 2009.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ok guys. No need to go and critisize the craiglist postings you see. Most people aren't aware of the registry requirements.

Remember this is an open forum and people who arent members can read it. The person who put up that add could very well visit this site and see you bad mouthing their limited knowledge of the goat world. Lets not ruin their or others like them, chance of coming here for advise.

4. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Well, he isn't to far away from where I live and they could use him for meat, in 4-H you CAN show crosses anf if they have decent confirmation then that is not a bad idea,and he may make a good sire. I wouldn't judge without seeing the animal and getting to know more about this animal.

5. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Some 4-H shows let you show cross bred animals, well, usually not bucks.
    Keren, I thought you lived in Australia, what are you looking at IN for? :ROFL:

6. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Yeah, he would need to be weathered for most 4-H. You don't know what percentage he is though...so he may be able to be shown elsewhere.

7. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Do you guys use dairy bred animals for 4H meat wether classes? :scratch:

Amos lol

8. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Not I, I've never shown animals in a meat class.. But the ad said 'would make a good show goat or meat' so I don't think they meant showing for meat. But what do I know? Lol. :shrug:

9. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    any breed can be a meat breed, in our market classes. we have some FB boers, PB dairys, and crossbreds all the time.

10. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    oh yeah, .......we've been there with the talking about other breeders and suddenly they show up on the forum asking whats going on!

---Pam----that's you...lol

11. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Since we don't know what the goat looks like, and it's not nice to judge other's animals without their knowledge or having them ask us, I don't really think we can judge if it's a show quality animal, even if it's a cross. You can still show in 4H and it very well could be good meat goat w/ a good size udder for milking. Ya never know.

12. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    yeppers...LOL :greengrin:

It is a Lamancha;alpine buck, no udder.... ?

we were not judging the animal what so ever........it was just the way the ad was written. It is confusing. Not clear....and up in the air... that's all :)

13. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well just becareful guys -- write as if you are the person lurking and its your goat or you have a situation like theirs.

Gold rule: do unto others as you would have them do to you.

Thanks guys :greengrin:

14. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    He's just trying to get rid of it. I don't think he really knows anything about goats. But it might be a really pretty goat. Too bad he doesn't have a picture of it.

15. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Dreams...that is such a neat avatar!! Love it! And the little running goat is to cute!

16. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Oh thanks K! I mades it myself! Everyone has such cute pictures for their avis, I thought I needed something.