Another doe kid reservation......

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by goathappy, Dec 9, 2008.

1. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I told my mom I really didn't really think it was necessary to buy anymore kids next year but she wanted to increase the Saanens so we put a reservation down on a doe kid from a nearby herd :) We reserved a kid from the doe that was BDIS and BUIS at NAILE! Here's a link to a pic of her, she's the doe on the homepage:
    http://www.tradewindsdairygoats.com/

We also have a buck reserved from another breeder out of one of that doe's paternal half sisters, he'll be an AI kid out of a really nice Saanen buck :)

I'm really excited about this :cool:

2. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Oh, wow! That doe is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I am loving Saanens more and more. . . . if we had the room, there would so be some Alpines and Saanens with us! :)

Congrats!! :stars:

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Thanks! Saanens are sort of another challenge, we are breeding only purebred Saanens and I can count on one hand how many PB breeders I know of, so there isn't much selection for lines. But Tradewinds has some unbeatable Saanens, her foundation animals are Singing-Spruce and she bred some wonderful animals back in the day. I've got my buck reserved from Singing Spruce, she retired but she kept her two best yearling milkers.

I wish I had a pic of the doe we're getting a buck from. Then again there's two does, I talked to the breeder and told her I'd take a buck from one of the two, so I don't know which one I"m getting from yet. :) They both have the same sire, their dams are related and are AI'ed to the same buck. Anyway, I saw them this spring and they are gorgeous does.

4. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    wow.. there are soo many saanen breeders down here..

thers a really nice place in AZ

5. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I know there's a lot of Saanen breeders but most breeders are breeding American Saanens, I'm trying to keep our Saanens purebred. It helps some with having a PB breeder thats only an hour away :)

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    you should get a nice kid from her. I like how their prices arent outragious.

7. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    ah.. now i see your dilema.

but that doe is gorgeous..

8. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    My folks have a herd of registered American Saanens. Their website is
    http://www.Buttermilk-Acres.com . In most of the shows around here you'll see American Saanens and not the purebreds so much. Good luck with your kid reservations Goathappy :).

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    How exciting. Congratulations.

10. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    That's awesome Sarah! Beautiful doe! You should get a pretty eye catching doe kid. :greengrin:

11. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Thanks everybody! We went over to the breeder I'm getting a buck from the other day, and she said she would be selling one of the two does and keep a yearling instead, so we put down a reservation on one of the does!! They are both so beautiful. We also put down a reservation on one of their AI doe kids, so we won't be getting a buck next year, but we'll be getting some awesome does! :cool: