The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fellow Goat lovers!
We are new to goat keeping but are very excited to add two wethers to our family this summer. We have been getting the pen and barn ready - it’s quite large (80x40) and is in both a grassy and wooded area.

to save on fencing, we’re doing woodon the front and sizes and are hoping to do a strong black metal post fencing in the back. However, predator safety is EXTREMELY important to us.

the wood fence in front will be 6+ft high with wood boards and woven wire, so very strong. But the back fencing will be in the wooded area of our yard so it’s both trickier to install and extra dangerous for predators.
Can anyone show me examples of black metal post fencing that’s very strong and predator safe? We have lots and lots of predators near us (large coyotes we see daily, foxes, fishers, and bobcats).

thanks!!
Jenna

·
Premium Member
Raising Quality Show & Commercial Goats
7,693 Posts
I use field fence with posts every 10 ft, and support posts every 50 ft. Keeps it tight and predators out. We dont have fox though, just coyotes, bobcats, and dogs.

·
Super Moderator
34,555 Posts
I like horse wire ..too small for any goat to even stick their head through. With T posts and support posts.

Reactions: toth boer goats
1 - 5 of 5 Posts