another kid ??

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by dobe627, Feb 19, 2009.

1. dobe627

dobe627 Senior Member

Oct 16, 2007
    southeast PA
    Ok maybe I am still being paranoid. Being a first time "mom". Anyway, I have 2 2 week old kids. Brother and sister. I have noticed the last few days they are grinding their teeth. I can't find anything wrong with them. They are gaining weight, peeing, pooping, bellies are full. Temps are good. And they love to play and act crazy. I have noticed they are nibbling on hay, grain and stuff. So is this just them finding their teeth or should I look for something else? They seem fine.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    You know I have noticed that sort of thing when they start to eat solid foods. as long as they are eating and playing I wouldnt worry about it. Take their temp and watch for any changes in their temperature and then give antibiotics if they start to spike a fever.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree....you are describing really healthy kids....keep an eye on them......the grinding is kinda weird ...but I wouldn't worry ...unless they stop eating/ playing and not acting normal....if they get that way.... take there temp... if it is high ...then treat them accordingly....... :wink: :greengrin:

4. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Mine started sorta grinding their teeth when they started eating solids. It was like they were practicing chewing their cud.

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that could be it crocee..... :thumbup:

6. dobe627

dobe627 Senior Member

Oct 16, 2007
    southeast PA
    Thanks for your input. Yep thats kinda what it seemed like to me - that they were practicing chewing their cud. They are very healthy, temps remain normal. Boy do they love to play. I am probably spending too much time with them though :shades: At least an hour in the am and a good hour in the afternoon letting them out to play, mom doesn't like it too much though. I keep them where she can see them. Being the first 2 babies born here its going to be real hard to let them go, especially that little boy, he's such a little lover. UGhh, don't know how you all do. And with a month to go before 3 others are due these babies get alot of time with me. Cathy

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thats why I put them up forsale right away. The sooner they are spoken for the less I get attached - but it happends anyway.

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I just keep in mind how much time I have to give with who I have already.....as well as the cost to feed and care for them. They are the cutest lil' things though and I am VERY picky with who they go to.....and the good side to spending alkl that time with babies is that you imprint on them that "people"" are good, makes it easier to transition to new owners when they are people friendly.