Another kind of mini?

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by Sundari, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Sundari

Sundari New Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Are there any other types of miniature goats besides Nigerian Dwarfs and African Pygmies (and crosses that include those, like a pygora)? I thought I remembered reading once about a super-miniature kind of goat that's even smaller than a Nigi, but I can't seem to find that information now. Thank you!

2. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    There are miniature myotonics and miniature silkies... they are the same size as nigis.... :) There is a a good breeder in CO that I would recommend... her website is www.spiritwoodranch.com
    I'm expecting A LOT of babies this year but I'm in CA. so you'd be looking at shipping fees. :(

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Yah - I have a micro mini myotonic .... seriously he is 9 month old myo that is the same height as my 6 month old Nigerians......

4. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Yeah your buckling is out of a mini line for sure. :) My doe Mimzi who is related to him is full grown and is 20 inches at the withers. She is producing champions though so you can't beat that! LOL :)

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    yah - he is "thick" but he is TINY! I still need to get pics of him!

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    From what I understand...there are breeders of Pygmies and Nigerian Dwarfs that do breed specifically for smaller than breed standard sizes. I have seen "micro mini" pygmies that are just at 14 inches at the withers...personally, I believe that is too small to even consider keeping as more than a pet, too many difficulties with deliveries are encountered in too small of does.

7. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    In our area.. W. Washington.. I have seen Mini-lamanchas and mini-nubians.