Another newbie question advice plz

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by morganslil1, Mar 2, 2008.

1. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    I checked my girls this morning Daisy is suppose to be 104 days today one of her teats seems to have been leakin its crusty on the tip and there appears to be dried milk/colostrum on the hair in front of her teat.....How likely is it that she could be farther along?(she was running with the buck) could she have had a false heat cycle. Help.......is this normal for a ff?

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Well I have had that happen with one of my does. I think for her it was just a hormone thing and her body getting ready, BUT. I am no expert at all, so I am sure someone that knows dairy goats will be able to answer you a lot better.
    When would she be due if she took the first heat cycle? Are you able to get a good picture of her cha-cha?

3. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    She would be due march 11 if she took on the first heat i had wrote down.But she seemed to come in again on Nov 19 which would put her due April 17th. I haven't noticed any big differences with her back side awhile back there was a little bit of discharge but not much. I know if a horse waxes it isn't long until they give birth but I'm new to goats and am not sure if this is normal I check there bags but don't put any pressure etc...so it is apparently leaking. Daisy is getting crabby not her normal loving self.

4. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I would say she was bred on the first date and she had a false heat.Does she had a large udder?

5. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    I took some pictures...I cant find the dang camera cable.Ill send pics when I find the cable...Her udder doesn't seem to be tight but boy is she grumpy.

6. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    Daisy is acting a little bit odd jesse is laying out in the sun daisy is laying in the goat house.

7. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    I talked to my DH and he is going to ask my mentor.

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    if her bag fills up in the next week I think she will go on her early due date. But if it stays the same you know she will wait it out.

Goats will make funny noises and just lay about when pregnant. It is part of their way to make us go bald :hair:

9. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    I'm sweating bullets....I'm not ready yet....

10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Is she a first timer? If so then she may go on time and may even wait until the day she goes into labor to fill her udder. Right now to me she looks to have a week or 2 to go. The grunts and other noises are normal preggy goaty sounds...you will definately know when she's in labor! A mama will talk to her babies even before they are born....it is something you will not hear again once her kids are 2-3 weeks old, at labor and delivery is the time you will hear her talking the most. Also. check her ligaments often so you get the feel of them being there and not there. Theres a post somewhere here that shows how to feel for them...I think Ashley (Sweet Gum Minis) posted it. You will be fine and so will Daisy.
    Yippeee more babies to see soon! :stars:

11. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    She seems to be filling up a tiny bit more and theres a little bit of a leak this morning.So I guess its wait and see.

12. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    She is so cute. She is looking at us like "why are you looking at my butt"?

I have to say, You better be getting ready for the early delivery. I had a doe that did not have a utter near as big as yours and she kidded. I thought she was about 3-4 weeks later, but I went out one morning and met her little doe.
    BABIES VERY SOON. Thinking PINK :girl: :girl:

13. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    Thanks Lori :) she was and is quiet grumpy she doesnt want me to look or touch her. If looks could kill I would be in trouble.

14. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    Daisys bag is about the same her back side seems to be a bit poochy and shes holding her tail in a funky way.

15. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    did i miss the birth? she sounds close

16. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    Nothing yet.....did someone tell her about the does code of honor? I just picked up my daughter from school she seems to have a stomach bug the teacher said it lasts for about 4 days tomorrow its suppose to rain and snow and be windy Sunday is my other daughters birthday knowing my luck she will wait until we all have the stomach bug to kidd right now Im having to change my daughters diapers....shes 20 and has downs syndrome so my hands are full...yes we shall kid soon....just wait til the bug hits me...... :tears:

17. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OH, No. Yes you do have your hands full.

Here is to a very EASY delivery and a Happy set of twin girls. :girl: :girl: Hopefully you will walk out and it will all be over and smooth sailing. :pray:

18. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    Ok my daughter is feeling better and daisy has me scratching my head the only ting different today is ....If you lay your hand flat on her hips and rub down from her tail It feels like theres no flesh there before there were indents near her tail head now all you feel are bones it looks like her butt has dropped off. :scratch:

19. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    If you are noticing that - then it sounds like she is VERY close to delivery. My girl startde being very affectionate and letting me rub her head (she is very head shy) 24 hours prior to delivery!!! How is her udder? Does it feel so tight that it will pop yet?