The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My children and I went out to feed tonight and noticed that my DD's little show doeling was not eating. She was laying under a table. We went over and got her up and gave her a quick once over. No bloat, no fever, no noticeable anything. She just clearly didn't feel good. She yawned, stuck her nose in the feeder and nosed around for a little bit but never took a bite. I tried giving her a handful of grain which she took a few pieces of. Then yawned again. And again. I began to think she had something caught in her mouth or throat. Carefully, I looked I there with a flashlight and VERY carefully felt in there with my fingers. (Did you know that the cheeks of a goat are all ridged and bumpy, not smooth like ours? ...I didn't) I didn't find anything. She kept opening her mouth and stretching it open. But didn't seem distressed. So I sent my son in for my trusty turkey baster (aka drenching gun) and I gave her about 8 to 12 ounces of water. Something about that loosened her up and she went skipping off to the feeder and started eating normally. I guess she must have had something in there that washed down. I just went out again to check on her and (four hours later) she seems OK. Guess I'll keep a close eye on her and see how she eats in the morning. Prayers would be appreciated for my little girl's pal. "Bunny" is on the top spool in the pic.

Attachments

·
I'm not addicted - I'm in love!
5,018 Posts
Strange. I'm glad you were able to help her. :)

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess it was indeed something stuck in the throat. She is fine today. Eating and acting normally. Thanks for the good goatie vibes!:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts