The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
I miss my ducks
5,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, tonight me, my mom and my sister went to look at some ASDR registered Aussie puppies. We knew we wanted one of the Merles but wasn't sure which. We had a male in mind, and we fell in love with him. Anywho, we ended up putting a deposit down and will get him soon.

Where I'm going with this is we are getting him, but there were 12 puppies in this litter. Two being absolutely tiny runts, one died, one still barley alive now at 5 -6 weeks old. She's skin and bones, they thought she was dead when we were there. But, thankfully she was alive. The man looked at me, he told me if I was willing to give her a shot, that I could have her, and if she lives he'd send me her registration. Obviously I'm NOT doing this for the registration or to flip her..... I just want to help her, so we brought her home. She's a beautiful little tri female. I pray she lives... When we first left Rising Fawn GA with her, I honestly didn't think she'd be alive when we got home. That's how cold, and lifeless she was. So, we stopped at a Dollar store and got a baby syringe, a towel, a cup, and baby electrolytes along with some very mussy like watery cat food that was ground chicken, into a food topping for cats. I got it because I knew it'd be easy for her to digest. Anyway, we got back in the car, we had left the warm air blowing on her while in the DG and came back to her wiggling around. Yay! I got her wrapped up in the towel, and got about 15mls of electrolytes down her. This was just to tidey her over til we were home and had some good stuff to give her. Anywho, she slept for about 35-40 mins and woke up. I opened the chicken and MAN she came alive!! She gobbled it right up!! So happy to have seen that turn around so quickly! Anyway, we finally made it home and got her some IV, B-12, and I took one half can of baby food, put about 10mls of fresh goat milk in it and put a pinch of Probiotic powder in it and a tablespoon of hot water and mixed. She ate every bite of it but about half a teaspoon. Which I went ahead and syringed down her. Then I gave her another two mls of goats milk to wash it down. Now she's peed and pooped, her stool is firmer then it was earlier so yay! It's pretty watery. She got 12mls of IV and about less than half a cc of B-12. She literally tiny. I have hope for her.. but am obviously still expecting her not to make it because of how was she's been. Now, she's standing, eating, barking, growling, even howling when you leave her and is definitely feeling quite better thank God. Ugh, it's 3:19am when I'm typing this. So, I apologize for any mistakes or typos... I'm dead tired but thought I'd share with you guys before I got knocked out. In the morning we are taking her to the vet, hopefully we get some more medicine that'll help her. As long as she stays quiet, I'll leave her alone. She has been through a lot since we brought her home earlier. Ya know, getting needles stuck in her and all... So, as long as she doesn't get hungry, I'll just leave her be til morning. Please pray for her. We are calling her Niblett. Seeing how fast she's changed, I really think she's got a chance to live. But I know it won't be easy, but I'm here to try my best to keep her alive and healthy... Prayers much appreciated.

Now, it's 3:30am so I'm gonna hit the hay.... I had to give one of the dogs a bath at 2am something and finally got her dry. Gn people!

Cap Cloud Toy Sky Grey

·
Registered
I miss my ducks
5,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
I miss my ducks
5,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'll update after we get home tomorrow morning. Gn people.... Just checked again for the last time tonight. She's laying on her side twitching her foot like a normal puppy does when they dream. Thank goodness....

·
Registered
I miss my ducks
5,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Praying for Niblett! Can't wait for a good update. Sounds like you're giving her the best shot she could have and you may just be rewarded with the best friend you could ever ask for!
Thanks.... The vet opens in two hours, so hopefully they can tell us something more we can do for her, or maybe some medicine that will help. We shall see.

Update: first feeding since late last night and she ate like a total champ again! I did the same thing about mixing probiotic powder in a bit of hot water, putting it in baby food then mixing in some goat milk, she scarfed it all up! She pooped and peed. Today her poop is definitely looking better already. She's now sleepy again after eating her big meal so I'm gonna leave her alone now until we go to the vet. Thankfully I didn't have to mess with her throughout the night or I would have been even more dead then I already am. Dead tired...

·
Registered
I miss my ducks
5,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So glad she made it through the night! I'll be praying for her and that you get some sleep.
Thanks... I get two more hours to rest so I should be good to go. Then, when we get home I'll be going back to bed to try ang get more rest..

·
Registered
Breeding Registered Nigerian Dwarf Goats
2,800 Posts
Oh my goodness! You are an animal superhero, Lil Boogie!! I have a feeling she'll make it now that she's in your amazing care. Good luck and prayers to both you and Niblett!! You two got this! ❤🐕❤

PS: whenever you have the time, I (and I'm sure everyone else) would love to see more pictures of your new baby. No rush though, I can't imagine how exhausted you must be. 😘

·
Registered
I miss my ducks
5,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everybody.... The words of encouragement are greatly appreciated. What helps in this situation is that we used to raise teacup poms so we know a thing or two about weak, sick puppies. It definitely does help to kinda know what your doing. Apparently the vet opens later today than I thought, they open at 1pm. So, we'll be taking her then

She just ate a bunch more and is resting now. She got same baby food but without the probiotics. I'll do my best to get more pictures of her later!

Thanks everybody ♥

1 - 20 of 132 Posts