Another pet peeve!!!

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by needs to know more, Oct 11, 2007.

1. needs to know more

needs to know more New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Washington
    This is something I have thought about for while. But it really didn't get to me until I went to look for something I needed, and wanted now!!!! I get 4 livestock supply cataloges. Usually I just look through them, throw the old one out and keep the new one. I have not ordered from all these places, some have just showed up!!! Out of the 4, 1 has an index!!! The one with the index plus one other has a table of contents. If they want us to buy from them shoudln't they make it easier to find what we are looking for!!!!!! I found what I was after in one of them, one with an index. But I don't have the time right now to look through the others to see if they have what I want. Instead I will look through my file and see where I ordered it from last time. I should be able to find it faster that way!!!!!

2. samall

samall New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Iowa
    That drives me nuts, too...why should you have to spend a bunch of time looking through a whole catalog just to find the one thing you need to order right away. I'm sure the are thinking that people will find more things to buy when they are browsing through...but sometimes you just don't have time to browse when you know what you need.

3. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    It's like the candy at the counter at the grocery store- you have to go past it and be tempted.
    I know I have run into things in the catalogs while looking for other things so I guess that that technique must work for them- however there are plenty of times I have needed something and couldn't find it in some catalog without getting frustrated and putting it away. I tend to stick with Jeffers as I can find what I need and know it's there.
    So I agree- if they want to sell me something. make it easy.