Another pooch pic.....

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by Trace, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    I managed to get Lulu to keep her nose in the pan on not on me so I could get a piccie.

I am so laughing right now - becuase I know that we will all be studying another pooch piccies - only in goatland is this normal - right. Tee hee.

This is doe that was peeing red on thanksgiving - the general concensus was that she was aborting - so I fugured I would snap a pooch piccie for the experts to comment on......

So what do you think - if she was preggers - she would be about three months along - no sign of an udder at all.

2. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    No one has a thought on whether she's preggers or not? :(

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    if she did abort then it would take time for her pooch to say she is open

so yes she looks pregnant but i cant say for sure she still is since you saw the blood :shrug:

4. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Thanks Stacy - so how long should I wait until I get another picture to show you guys?

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    it would be more accurate to go by heat cycle, if she comes into heat then she's open and if not then she's bred.

:thumb:

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well probably another month

7. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Unless she is a silent heater - then I haven't really seen that much evidence of heat.

My nubian cross howls and drips goopy discharge when she is in heat. Tail flagging - humping Lulu while grunting - there's no question that she is in heat.

Lulu - I haven;t seen that much evidence - I have seen her try and hump Cookie a couple of times - but no discharge or anything.

8. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well if she was pregnant and just aborted you will notice heats happening following the abort.

If she aborted only one and still retained a pregnancy then you wont notice any.

if the blood was a fluke and she wasnt pregnant then yes she could be a silent heater.

9. CrossCreekTX

CrossCreekTX New Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Central East Texas
    I guess she didn't get into the mistletoe? They love it, the minerals are good for them, but it makes them pee red.