The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep going back and forth on them (most recently, just "no, not bred"). Doe 1 could be due any day up til November 8 and Doe 2 up til December 15. I'm not really hopeful on either since there's still no udders on either of them. Spring is going to be a long wait. Sigh. :(

Doe 1

Doe 2

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
I would say no, also. But there is always a possibility I could be wrong!

·
Registered
116 Posts
More pooch test help please

What do yall think? I adopted her about a month ago and she is approx. 9 months old, the previous owner said she may be pregnant, and this is my first goat......im trying to learn what I can about the pooch test, but im just not sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Hmm, the way you tell is if the vulva points down, she is bred. If it points up, she isn't. Generally works that way, at least. Can't tell from the picture.

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
vulva, lady bits, the hoo haa....yes. the part below the poop spot. :)

I vote bred. can you get a picture of the entire back side with udder as well, with tail naturally up?

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
The links aren't working.

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
she's so fuzzy! I vote yes, but doesn't seem far along as I don't see an udder. again, I am NOT a professional....

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
One from the side would really help.. But I vote yes as well.. Make sure she isn't too thin.. 9 months is kinda young to get bred.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Lots of people breed at 7-9 months old; I have heard they do just fine, and can actually have a harder time if you wait till they are over a year or more.:)
Lacie (Little-Bits-and-Pieces) does that, you can ask her about it. ;)
I intend to breed one of our doelings when she's 8-9 months old- she's a very healthy weight for h age, so I think she'll do great. :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
I was wondering if being that young would hurt her or not.....and she is fed well, but do you recommend any supplement's or extras she should have? She is Nigerian dwarf :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts