Another Question About Computers. . .

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by capriola-nd, Feb 17, 2009.

1. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Trying to figure this out but need some help from people who are more computer "savvy." So, I made a banner for our goats on "The Print Shop Pro Publisher" but I can't figure out how to upload it to my photobucket account. :help: I can't figure out how to save it to a "picture folder" -- it will only save it to a ban. folder. Is this even possible??

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    When you go to save it, go to 'Save As' that will take you to all the folders then you can select which folder to save it in. If you are using a Windows operation system, the My Pictures folder is in My Documents. When you go to Save As select My Documents(if its not pictured somewhere there you can go to My Computer then My Documents) and My Pictures is in My Documents. Also, if you want to upload it to PB, make sure the file extension is in .gif or .jpeg.

HTH :)

3. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Thanks. I just tried it but it didn't work! The problem is it will not let me change it to a .jpeg or .jif -- it only says .ban and I can't figure out how to change it. :sigh:

4. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Do you have paint on your computer? Will The Print Shop Pro Publisher allow you to export it to paint and then save it as a jpeg for photo bucket?

5. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Tried it, didn't work. :( This is really dumb.

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    when you are in the save as part - drop down the box under teh file name to change it to a .jpeg if you cant do that then you are really stuck until someone else more computer savy then me can help

7. greatcashmeres

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Olivia, I found this. Since you couldn't export it to paint maybe you can to your desktop with this.

Welcome > The Print Shop® Pro Publisher™ 20 > Technical Note The Print Shop® Pro Publisher™ 20
    Exporting a Graphic
    Graphics included in Print Shop® Pro Publisher™ can be exported for use in other programs. The following tutorial presents the steps needed to accomplish this task.

Launch Print Shop® Pro Publisher™ 20.

Open the project or create a new one.
    With the graphic to be exported situated on the project, click the graphic once to select it.
    Choose File from the menu bar and select Export As. The Export window will open.
    Using the Save in menu, choose a destination for the graphic that is to be exported (e.g., C:\Windows\Desktop).
    In the Save as type: field, choose the format in which to export the graphic.
    In the File name: field, type a name for the file.
    Click Save. This will export the graphic to the specified location. Info courtesy of Broderbund

If this doesn't work, you can email a copy of the banner to me and I can attempt to convert it. My email is greatcashmeres@yahoo.com

8. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    THANK YOU so much!!! It worked!!!!!!!! :stars:

Only thing I have to do is play around w/ my photobucket account to get it the right size, not so "boxy" looking, but here is what I made. :)

[​IMG]

Thanks again!!! :D

9. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    That looks really nice Olivia. Very clean and organized! :thumb:

10. greatcashmeres

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Yaaay! You're welcome.

Very nice indeed. I love the font you used. The pics are so pretty and very sharp with the green grass. :thumb: