Happy Birthday Nancy's dad!! 97!! WOOT WOOT :cool:

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Awesome!!! My great grandma is 99 :)

·
14,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I lightened it up but the 1st time I pasted it was too dark.
Thanks Cathy & Karen, he's literally unbelievable at times but has improved physically since we moved him out of his & Dorothy's apt in assisted living to a room down the hall. (she passed on in April)
We got rid of all her clutter & it was a breath of fresh air for the whole family to be in a smaller unit.

·
14,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And ooh ooh! Several years ago I ran into a copy of "Billy Whiskers" that I had given him. He used to tell us Billy Whiskers adventures.
Until then, I always thought HE had made them up.:rolleyes:
Anyhow my bro had it at so I told him I was taking it home.

·
14,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Scuse my ramblings here.
A few months ago in the middle of the night he went into the kitchen & pulled the fire alarm. Normally he is a pretty compliant law abiding citizen but this just cracked me up. He has never caused trouble in his life.
Really, it was grounds for eviction but the kitchen door was not locked.

He has also wandered off the property a few times. This is also a hazard. They put an electronic ankle brace on him. He cut it off.
All knives & scissors were removed from his room & meds adjusted so that hasn't happened again for awhile.

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Happy, Happy Birthday your dads, Nancy and Lottsagoats! :party: :birthday: :stars: :wahoo: :clap: :balloons:

·
8,175 Posts
:birthday: Happy Birthday to the Dads! :balloons:

When my grandparent were in their 80's (Back in the 1980's) I sat down and talked to them about their lives- I recorded it all on a tape recorder! It is fun to still hear their voices reminiscing about their youth! They were born in 1901 and 1905 - So, they had a lot of early 1900's history!

·
14,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good for you! I bet it is fascinating.
I wish I had written down some of the things his father talked about; a lot of it was repeated over & over until it made me blue in the face. At the time I was a mid teen & couldn't care less.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts