Another udder to evaluate....

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by Cinder, May 20, 2009.

1. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    I don't show and I have no desire to show so I'm not looking for perfection. My purpose for my goats is to get milk - a gallon a day or more from each.

However, to help me learn, could you give please critique her udder? I know it's not great but I don't think it's awful (is it?) ... just give me the facts please! :wink:

Oh - she has twins nursing on her right now (they are six weeks old) and that has changed the shape of her teats this year. This is her second freshening - she's giving me 8 to 9 cups of milk every morning. I take the kids away from her at night and they are with her during the day.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    I really like it

teat placement is good, medial devision is good, nice high and wide rear attachment - forudder looks fairly smooth. I would be very happy with a milker looking like that

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :drool: I second that!

Yep, nice medial , smooth fore, even teat placement and a wide rear. Beautiful teats too....My minis aren't bad but I don't think I'd remember how to milk a goat with teats that BIG!

8-9 cups? is this after a 12 hour fill? 2 quarts isn't bad at all.....wait til her kids are about 8 weeks and tape her teats ALL day so you can milk 2x at 12 hour intervals....betcha she gives ya more than a gallon!
  4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    very nice udder............ :wink: :) :love:
  5. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    liz asked:
    That's after 11 hours! She gave more than a gallon last year as a FF so I'm expecting closer to a gallon and a half from her this year. She is the one that would be a four star milker if her mother had been tested - the breeder just didn't get it done.

Her kids are two weeks away from starting to wean... :)
  6. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    She has a nice medial, good teat size, placement is also good, I'd like to see placement a little more towards the center. Her escutcheon appears to be high, I'd like to see it wider and more rounded. Her fore udder appears to be pocket free and looks very nice :)