Another Weekend :)

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by PiccoloGoat, Nov 30, 2008.

1. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    I went for yet another weekend away with my friend Jess :)

I saw my first wild deer and Went to a graveyard for the first time :cool:

Well we were driving along and a few things had run across the road that day... kangaroos, birds, rabbits etc
    Then we were on this road and this huge doe just jumps out in front of the car and scared the heck out of me lol
    It was pretty big and it was brown with a black belly, looks like kelebeks sheep :)

And The graveyard was really cool and nowhere near and scary and haunting as I thought. Actually, it was very interesting
    You go to the back of Jess's Property and there is a gate.. You go through and rive for about 10minutes maybe and then all you see is this graveyard in the middle of the bush with rusty barbed wire around it. So we went in and had a look.
    It was kind of weird because there was a fresh-looking, unmarked, human-sized lump of dirt but we ignored it like mature people :ROFL:

There are like, 2 parts the the yard. The first one has mainly the same family in it
    The second one has the oldest and newest ones.
    The most recent was 8/8/08 Freaky :) Olympics Day
    The oldest was 1873 but i went back to take a photo and i couldnt find it which was a bit eek but yeah
    I took a photo of a grave of a family of four all buried together but died at different times. The oldest one is from 1888. I will figure out how to post the pictures off my camera soon so you guys can have a look
    There were also little tiny graves and one of the babies were only 1 year old. Very sad but makes you realise how many small children died back then.
    Well yes I had a good weekend and I know alot more happened but I will go on about it later :)

2. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Sounds like a ton of fun! Nothing like an exciting weekend, right? :greengrin:

:leap:

3. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Wow, that is really cool; I just love looking through old graveyards looking at gravestones. There are about 3 different areas on the land we rent/own, the biggest is probably the oldest, half of it is in a swamp now though. Most of the gravestones are old baked clay type, from the 1700's +, but the latest was probably like 1920. The other two only have 5-15 gravestones, some of which have normal cement headstones, most are crumbled away. There are a couple that have been replaced by small metal place markers.
    Its not really creepy at all. More like spiritually peacefully and calm.

4. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Sounds like fun! I love old cemeteries(thats what I call them anyway ;)) Near one of the farms we farm, there's this really old cemetery and it has people in it from the 1850's. There are lots of sandstone graves, so its hard to read inscriptions. There is this one grave over there from a 16 year old who died in the civil war, the grave stone is really cool looking, its sandstone but its under a tree so its not as weathered. My grandma's husband was over there and he found the graves for his dad's oldest and youngest brothers(they died as babies)

I think cemeteries are neat places, I'm not afraid of them, never have been. :)

5. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    Sure sounds like you had a really fun and interesting weekend. :leap:
    I did nothing as it rained here for the past 3 days. :roll:

6. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    Sound's interesting :) I don't like graveyards though

7. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
    there was a graveyard up the road from where i lived back when i was in highschool
    one of the graves had a saying on it that i will never forget
    "As you are
    I once was
    As I am
    You will be
    For death waits
    For no man"

8. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    heavenly,

That's a really cool saying, I want that on my headstone :)