answer me this

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by sdshoars, Dec 10, 2008.

  1. sdshoars

    sdshoars New Member

    Nov 21, 2008
    Elko, Nevada
    i would like to buy a buckling this spring, and i think i found some parents i like for him, they are two purebred alpines, but unfortunately the breeder the lady got them from, ran with the cash and never gave her the papers. is there any way to register the little guy? i know you could register a doeling as grade, right? but you cant record grade bucks? it just doesnt seem fair for him to come from good purbred stock, and not be registered. it would add to my genetics either way, so i dont think i will care in the end. thanks for your help!
  2. goathappy

    goathappy New Member

    Oct 5, 2007
    Bucks cannot be registered as grade, sorry. The only way you could get him registered is if the lady who owns his parents was to go back to the person she got the goats from and see if she could get papers on them. Otherwise he would have to be unregistered.

  3. sparks879

    sparks879 New Member

    are either one of the parents tattooed? You may still be able to track down papers if they are.