Antiquer's Corner and Ebay Junkies

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by HollowbeadRanch, Oct 18, 2007.

1. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Ok, so here's a post for everyone into Collectibles, Ebay, Antiques, and so on. You can list what you collect or just drop in to talk or ask questions!

I collect McCoy Pottery (brown drip collection) and Disney Figurines (Disneyana) which includes such pottery producers as Wade, Shaw, Goebel, Hagen-Renaker, Schmid, Bradford Exchange, Enesco, Jim Shore, and many many more. I absolutely love antique stores and auctions, fleamarkets, estate sales, and everything :D

So stop on in and chat!!!
  2. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I guess the only thing I still collect is hand painted scenic glass lamp shades- pretty special huh?
    Most of my stuff is old - not necessarily antique- just old. When I built my house, bought a bunch of coloinal revival light fixtures- which upset the electrian. However I have been told many times that my house reminds them of their grandsmother's and these are not young people. I really like that- having a house that looks old but lives new. I love old houses but can't do the fix-ups anymore.
    Most stuff around here tends to be less that 100 years old as this part of California didn't start really growing until the late Victorian era.
    One of these days I'm going to have to try selling stuff on eBay- I seriously want to sell some stuff and there is no market here- beside I really pitiful at selling. When I participate in a tack sale, I usually buy more than I sell. Oh well.

3. K-Ro

K-Ro New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    I collect 'old stuff' too, not necessarily antiques but stuff I think is neat and my DH tries to get rid of. lol Our house was built in either 1863 or 1864, still debate on the exact year (DH hubby family built it), but the wood is so old you canNOT drive a nail thru it, it's also freezing in the winter and hot in the summer, but I absolutely love it, even have a cistern with bucket and chain right inside the entrance way.

I also do the Ebay thing, I make cloth diapers and sell quite a few on there, and of course I buy my essential oils, books, some clothes and fabric off there too.

Oh I guess you could say I collect books, doesn't matter what kind, I read everything and probably have between 4000 and 6000 books, drives DH up the wall too, oh well :wink:
  4. sungoats

sungoats New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Jackson NJ
    I collect miniature figurines. I started this collection when I was about 8 years old (over 40 years ago!). My parents were "garage sale junkies" so most of them came from yard sales or flea markets. I have mostly animals, but include other things if they strike my fancy. :)

I buy or sell on eBay occasionally. The first thing I ever sold on eBay was a 1990 Ford Econoline extended dual tank diesel conversion van with 275,000 miles on it! I was hoping to get $500 and got over $1400! :shock:
  5. toggtalker

toggtalker New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Maywood, MO
    i collect roosters, it started as a kitchen thing, i did my whole kitchen in roosters, then i ran out of room for them in the kitchen and now they've made it into the dining room and living room.

when i was a young girl i collected dolls, but when we moved to the new house i gave my dolls to my oldest daughter. she has them up on shelves in her room. and my younger daughter got all my teddy bears that i collected when i was young, there was about 200 of them.
  6. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    toggtalker- you really are a collector. I just pick up this and that (or used to) then try to add to it for awhile. So I have small collections of lots of things although I tended to really like glass.
  7. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Very neat! My Hubby collects Farmall stuff (metal signs, paintings, toy tractors, lamps, mainly anything farmall...). So we have quite a few things here and there :D
  8. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I collect Breyer horses and glass figurines! And anything else that has anything to do with horses! :lol:
  9. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    I collect hedgehogs! I have some pretty cool ones (fake, I don't have a real one in my collection) My favorites are a big stuffed hedgehog, a tiny little glass one the size of my pinkie fingernail... it's orange! and a crystal one my mom got me for a present... that's probably my most expensive one. I have a hedgehog birthday card that I think is so cute. And I have a pin. Then little stuffed animals and small figurines. I started it a few years back. My collection is still pretty small. It's tough to find hedgehogs! But I am quite fond of my little collection :wink:
  10. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Besides goats(lol) I collect coins. My uncle is a coin collector and he gives me proof sets from different countries or lets me pick coins from different countries for my b-day. I have a lot of coins :)
  11. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I have never been on E Bay...and as far as collecting...I'm a nut for Raccoons...the more realistic the figure or stuffed animal is the better I like it, I still have my stuffed coons that I started with when I was 10, I have tanned hides and have many statues of them in my curio. They are very difficult to it is only occassionaly that I will find one in a store or even at a garage sale...most of my little statues come from garden centers...and they usually only have them in the spring.
  12. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

i have a decent size collenctaion of breyer horses. And anything pembroke corgi related. I used to have living horses too but sold the last one a few years after high school. Still looking for a corgi pup. My friends dog just had a littler but the sire wasn't registered and i want one i can show. So for now its just figurines and stuffed animals.
  13. Rachel K

Rachel K New Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Dyersville, Iowa
    I collect books in a manner of speaking. I don't own just any old books though, only my absolute favorites. I have nearly two large bookshelfs filled already however and am always bringing more home to add to them. I guess that I have a extremely long list of 'favorites' huh. Lol

I also collect Schleich animal figures. I used to just collect all figures but I have recently sold most of mine and I now only collect my favorite species and breeds.

I also collect The Lord of The Rings action figures, although I do only have the Legolas ones for some reason ... :oops:
  14. ozarksvalley

ozarksvalley New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    I collect goats. LOL okay I know that doesn't classify to Antiques, haha.

I used to collect Breyers, too, Crissa! But the breyers were sold to buy my Autumn... (a doeling)

I now just collect old timey stuff. When budget permits. I have round rag rugs, (I'm not sure what they are called.... they are made from rags tied together and are really pretty! If they were made with bright colors it make you think of a lollipop, that type of cirular design.) I also like to make quilts so that adds to the old feeling.

I used to collect lots of stuff... when I was younger that meant everything from monopoly thingies from McDonald's cups to keychains to paper bags.... :eek: LOL

OH- I love farmy figurines such as Home Interior's Denim Days collection.
  15. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I collect Breyers and anything and everything to do with horses and goats.:)

:horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse:
  16. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I collect breyers and coins too. My grandma travels all over and brings me back coins to add to my collection.
  17. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    I collect antique bottles, knick knacks,goat figurines, goat skulls- I am a pack rat :shrug:
  18. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    I collect rubbish n dust xD
    And stamps lol
    I also collect animals...mum says our house is a minagary (sp?)
    I might get a kitten thing weekend :O
    in about half an hour we should know lol :cool:
  19. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I've started collecting posters from my favorite bands. I've boughten a couple fullsized posters so far, as well as some signed posters. So far I have one signed Green Day poster, a signed Fall Out Boy poster, and a signed My Chemical Romance poster. Posters are my newest addiction :)
  20. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    I collect everything in a way. I am a junk, or shall we say junque collector. I find old cool junk that nobody wants and turn them into something cool. I also collect fabric for sewing. Oh, and the old My Little Ponies. I'm addicted to them. I'm more of a buyer on ebay than a seller, but I really should try selling.