The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So long story short, I need a cotton candy scented candle for a 14yr old's birthday on the 27th....
I really like this candle, but I don't really know how I would even go about making one like this. I don't know if the lady is making them anymore since her recent medical problems.

So if someone can make a decent sized candle like this, that smells like cotton candy, let me know your price (under $30 please) and it does not need a label!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
I haven't found an economical way to make candles. Yes, I'm cheap. How does your wife do it?
Only way to do it is buy in bulk on line, I can try to get info this weekend with places she buys from

We only do wax candles; we do not do soy candles mainly because since they are a plant based protein oil they can spoil...I have only smelled a few that have the "smell" but then again, we throw out cooking oils when they get the smell most people I guess don't know this

I help her get setup and then she does her thing, we cut wicks, crimp wick clamps on and apply 2 sided sticky dots to clamps and press into jars (assembly line)

Hardest part for her was figuring out a system and madness to no holes in candles and no telltale signs of a second pour (key to quality candle)

She always criteqes candles at flea markets and such...alot of people just pour wax in and do not heat jars before hand and slow cool them in a warm place etc

she does 2 sizes and actually the smallest 4oz I think and 8oz anything bigger is a waste and the smell will evaporate after burning for a few weeks

the 4 oz she sells for $4 each or 3 for $10 and makes very good profit, we actually use those on the "warmer" plates so we don't have a candle "fire" going all the time, actually get a better smell with no flame heating wax

wow this turned out long :D

·
Registered
11,179 Posts
Bansil - thanks for sharing that information. The part about the scents evaporating on larger candles after a few weeks really interested me! I buy quite a few soy wax and bees wax candles and avoid paraffin candles due to the potential toxins but I do notice they become less potent! I never understood it before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts