Any geocachers on here?

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by goathappy, Sep 29, 2009.

1. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    So my friend lent me this book called North of Beautiful(an awesome book if anybody gets a chance to read it) anyway, the characters in there did a thing called geocaching, which is kind of like modern day hide and seek/treasure hunting. So I looked it up and it seems like a really awesome and fun thing to do and I guess people have been doing it for years. I looked on the geocaching website and there's more than a hundred caches in my area alone. So I was wondering, are there any other geocachers on here? http://www.geocaching.com/

I haven't done it yet but a few friends and I are going to start it :)

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    They do a big geocache horseback ride here every year sponsored by the college that I work for. I am soooo looking forward to doing it next spring if my paint is ready!

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Wow on horseback that would be so cool :) I'm ordering a GPS so hopefully we can start next week :)

4. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i've been dying to geocache!! but my family is lame

5. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    I hadn't heard of it until this summer. There was a bunch of geocachers at our fairgrounds. Some of the people came into TSC, where my mom works, and were telling her about it. The one lady had been on the road for 6 weeks!!

6. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    lol my family is lame too, my mom thought it was stupid but I think its the coolest thing ever :D

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I have never heard of it before.

8. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    sarah!!! why must we be so far apart!!! we could be geocache pirates!

9. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    ugh!! I know!! most of my friends live in other states anyway :( Geocaching pirates, wreaking havoc on all geocahers....... :lol:

10. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Wow- interesting! I have never heard of this- but I did a little search and it turns out a lot of people in my area have!
    There was over 1500 caches to be found within 20 miles of my house! :shocked:

11. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Woah 1500 :shocked: sounds like somebody needs a GPS, lol :lol:

12. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    my dad got rid of ours... now i have to buy one myself ....grr.

13. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    lol my dad has a really old one for an airplane but the antenna is not permanently attached to the main unit and its meant for clear skies not trees =/ and it takes like 20 minutes for it to calibrate :roll:

14. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    That sounds pretty cool! :greengrin: