The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Rusty
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took some does from a friend who is selling out, and one is a LaMancha-she is due anytime they think- any guesses on how many? She's so sweet and cute, I hope she has some that have her markings.

Attachments

· RussellP
534 Posts
Can you get a hold of her and feel the ligaments. I can start a countdown from about 10 days out to kidding by those ligaments with really good accuracy. Before that I got no clue, my buck runs with his 15 does, so we are all over the place.

· Rusty
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I was going to try to feel her ligs but this is their first night home and was a little worried about the "travel stress" transporting them today, so I decided not to disturb them tonight and let them rest up, but just looking at her I think they may be a little loose. I will check tomorrow.

· Registered
1,442 Posts
In the pic she still looks fairly tight. Has her belly dropped? When she's with in a day or two, her belly will drop and draw in. She should look a little empty around her loin edge. Also, her labia will get really loose and Jello like. Starting about 2-3 weeks out she'll get really puffy back there. Hard to tell in the pic, but I don't see any of that.

I find "checking ligs" difficult if you don't know what the doe usually feels like. Best way for me is visual. The tail seems to raise and appears hollow between the hip and tail....almost like a thin boney look, if that makes any since.

· Rusty
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPDATE: We are still waiting on this girl to pop, but her belly has definitely dropped over the last week and she has a little fuller bag now and teats are starting to expand. I do know however, that she has at least two, because I am a health care provider and I listened with my stethoscope and definitely clearly heard at least two other heartbeats other than her own! So we are watching and waiting and watching and waiting, and watching.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.