Any guesses?

Discussion in 'Beginners Goat Raising' started by -WBoergoats, Aug 14, 2020.

1. -WBoergoats

-WBoergoats New Member

May 19, 2020
    Utah
    Can anyone guess if she is pregnant or not? I’m feeling very stumped.. she was penned with a buck December 2019- the end of April 2020. She was marked with a marking harness on dec 25th and never marked again and the buck never showed interest in her again. But she never kidded and still has yet to kid. My guess is she is going to kid the end of September? I attempted to do a emlab p test but that didn’t work considering the other 2 does penned with her had a positive test and just bred back this week. She was penned with a buck dec-April and July 18th-now and hasn’t been marked all but in December.. sorry for the book! View attachment 186691 View attachment 186693

Attached Files:

2. NigerianDwarfOwner707

NigerianDwarfOwner707 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    She does look pregnant - an ultrasound will tell you for sure.

-WBoergoats likes this.

3. -WBoergoats

-WBoergoats New Member

May 19, 2020
    Utah
    Thanks I keep thinking she is with the shape of her right side.. I try to feel her stomach for babies but my guess is a single if there is one in there. Do you know the best place to get an ultrasound done? I consider a blood test but wouldn’t it pick it up if she is recently bred also?

4. goatblessings

goatblessings Fair-Haven Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Southwest Ohio
    For an ultrasound or a blood test she needs to be 30+ days bred. My vet ultrasounds. I usually wait until day 45 to get more reliable results.

-WBoergoats likes this.