The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next week I am going to take one of my mommy goats and one of the babies to school. We are going to go to my little boys kindergarten class and do a little thing on goats and goat milk. Any ideas on what to cover and the best way to try to make butter? Keep in mind that they are all 5-6yrs old, so I have to keep it simple. My MIL has an old milk churn that I was thinking of using, but I am not sure if I should use pasturized or nonpasturized cream (can you pasturize cream?). I haven't done much with my does milk but feed it to the kids (goat kids), so this is a bit of a lesson for me too! Thanks in advance! :thumb:

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ice cream is a good idea, but it is cold here! But I know my little boy won't eat butter, but he will ice cream....hmmm, gonna have to think on that one! I figured on taking one of my really calm, easy milkers. My nephew is the same age as my son and they are both so interested and helpful at milking time. They love watching it squirt out and knowing they did it!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.