The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for Lamancha breeders up in or near Central NY. Does any one know who I can contact about getting a hold of one?
Thanks!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Google New York State dairy host associaten,I saw some lamanchas,not sure where they are compared to you,good luck

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
I know Lynnhaven is in NY. Not sure where Bouts though... I know some breeders in NH and MA if that's not to far for you... Transport should be easy if your only in NY...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This sounds like a good idea.. I would not have to limit myself to just looking in New York!
But...How does transport work especially if you don't meet the goat in person; to check for anything that could be wrong with them. Do you pick out a goat thru pictures by email or online and then trust seller with all shots and health info? How do you test a goat prior to shipping for CAE? Is there a special contract regarding this.. or promisary note between seller and buyer?
Anyone that has done this.. please explain how this works... I am interested!
Thanks!

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,090 Posts
Sometimes you meet halfway, but I like to go to the farm, and see the animals. You can ask for a current picture of the goat via email.

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
you could see if they would meet half way, or if you know someone that could drive out and pick it up.

I have bought from Cliff at Longvu(http://longvu.com/Longvu LaManchas start page.html) here in NH and he is amazing! So helpful! His Goats are all CAE neg. and he bottle feeds his kids pasteurized milk ( as do most breeders that I know of..) Then there is Mary at Fox's Pride(link won't post for some reason.... :/ ) I haven't bought from her but see her at shows often and have talked with her about many things about LaManchas and she is also very helpful and great!

And Little Orchard is great too like Danielle said :) Have never dealt with them though..

I do know Cliff's site isn't quite UTD so I would email and ask what he has available if you were interested in any of his.. I'm not sure about Mary's site but it never hurts to email and ask to be sure :) It's a busy time of year with shows and such ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts