Any minute now....updated!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by bigoakfarm, Mar 30, 2008.

1. bigoakfarm

bigoakfarm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Kentucky
    I just came in from milking and my daughter's LaMancha (Pearl) is so miserable looking I grabbed the camera and snapped a photo. She was pen bred to Fritzie's gorgeous Alpine buck so I don't have an exact due date. I was guessing April 1 based on "about" when I noticed her last heat. It was dark out already so the pic isn't great but don't you feel sorry for her?

ETA: she's not actually in labor yet. I just think she'll have the kids very soon. :clap:

Attached Files:

2. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Re: Any minute now....

Poor baby!! She looks miserable!

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

OH MY :shocked:

The poor thing, she better go soon

4. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Oh my!!!! She's enormous!!!! Hope she kids soon, poor girl. :wink:

5. bigoakfarm

bigoakfarm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Kentucky

I've been checking her day and night for two weeks now but she just keeps getting wider with no labor in sight. I absolutely plan to avoid pen breeding whenever possible in the future. It's too stressful! :hair:

Kristen

6. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah

I also hope Pearl kids soon. My Christy was enormous and had 3 kids. She had that same sad look on her face. :roll: Poor girl. Keep us posted on her progress. Suellen

7. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN

WOW looks like legacy did a good job for a young boy. i can't wait to see her babies & i hope she has all does so you can reg as recorded grades.

8. bigoakfarm

bigoakfarm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Kentucky

Suellen - three kids would be great! Pearl has had twins the past two years and a single before that but she's never been quite this big so maybe triplets? Hope so. :cool:

Fritzie- Legacy is AWESOME! I love that buck so much. I'm really hoping for does too!!!!!! We have three other people hoping for does too though so no matter what there won't be enough to go around. LOL. Well, actually, I'm greedy...I'm not ONLY hoping for does but I'm hoping for does colored like Legacy and with his wattles. :love:

Do you think that's asking a bit much? LOL. I'll just be glad to see her get some relief.

Kristen

9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Poor girl looks absolutely ready to give up those kids....I'll guess triplets and :girl: :boy: :girl:

10. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah

Hey, Triplets are great except when they are all boys :cry: Suellen :sigh:

11. bigoakfarm

bigoakfarm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Kentucky
    Ligaments are GONE and her belly has dropped waaayyyy down. I clipped her back end this morning and I'm pretty sure she'll go today. Here are the udder photos. Pearl is a purebred Lamancha and she's a 5 yr old, 4th freshener and still snugly attached. woohoo!

Suellen- I'm sure hoping I don't go out there in a minute and see 3 little boys in that stall! :shocked:

Kristen

Attached Files:

12. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW, She is Huge. :shocked: I go for QUADS. ALL :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl: . She has a beautiful utter also. Good Luck. Keep us posted and let us how how those DOES BABIES :dance: ARE DOING WHEN THEY HIT THE GROUND. :clap:

13. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Yep babies soon!!!!!!!!! Great looking udder too!

14. bigoakfarm

bigoakfarm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Kentucky
    They're here! Two bucks and a doe. She had some trouble with buck #1 - he was breech but once I got him straightened out it was smooth sailing the rest of the way. Second was a doe and number 3 was another buck. The little doe and buck number 2 both have wattles and they are all elf eared. Pearl just looks so relaxed and comfortable now. phew!

Everybody is up and nursing and doing great! :leap:

Kristen

Attached Files:

15. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are gorgeous!

16. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    At least you got one doeling!!!! :girl: :stars: They are so cute! Congrats! :clap:

17. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Very cute!!! :leap:

18. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Congratulations. They are so darn cute. I just love Waddles. They are so neat.

Glad you were there to help her out. They must of been pretty big kids. They are as beautiful as mom.

19. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congratulations!! They are adorable little no ears!! At least I was right with the number...and you got 1 doe!

20. bigoakfarm

bigoakfarm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Kentucky
    Liz- you were awfully close on your guess. I wasn't honestly expecting triplets but I was hoping. I'm happy with the one doe. She's colorful and she has wattles. :clap:

sweetgoats- yup, the bucklings are both big but that first one is ginormous! She could have pushed him out ok but he was presenting butt-first with his back legs folded under so he was stuck pretty tight. I couldn't get him pushed back to re-position him (no room!) so I had to wiggle around and find a hock and just pull. I was worried I had broken his back leg but he's bouncing around everywhere and runs to meet me at the gate so all's well that ends well I guess.

Pearl is feeling pretty good at last. Thanks for all the compliments on the kids and Pearl. She is my daughter's pride and joy and now we finally have a daughter from her to retain. :stars:

Kristen