The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for registered adult Nubian doe in the Southern AZ area. Know of anyone selling? In milk or bred would be best but not necessary. Thanks!

·
Look for me in the barn...
1,074 Posts
How southern are you? I know two of Nubian breeders in the Scottsdale area (Crow's Dairy and The Simple Farm) and then of course Black Mesa up in Snowflake which I think is pretty far away from you.

·
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm pretty far south, just outside of Tucson so Black Mesa is very far. I'd like to find something in the Tucson area. There are a few possibilities in Phoenix but again, the gas hauling the trailer up there etc. would be a lot. I know of a breeder just about 20 minutes from me but she sold a lot of her does to a dairy last year. She won't know if she wants to cull any of her first fresheners until March or April and I'd like to find something sooner. Hoping someone in my area sees that and has some connections :)

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
Are you a member of ADGA? Do you have access to the member area of ADGA's website? If you do you can go to your member services and click on Look up Members. You can search by state and breed owned.

·
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, I'm not a member of the ADGA. However, I will be for sure as soon as I buy a couple registered dairy goats. Is it like the AQHA where you have to pay an annual membership fee to access all the features? Show records, stud records etc?

·
Super Moderator
58,933 Posts
There are features that only ADGA members can access. I would go to their site and see what you can do without being a member. I can't remember if you can see the membership directory without a membership.

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
I can't either, but you do have to pay a membership fee in order to access the Member Services part of the webpage, once you are a member I think you have to apply for a PIN that you use to set up your online account. You might try the Southern Arizona Dairy Goat Association, if you click on "Members" there is a list of their current members. Next to the farm name in parentheses is the breed they own. A for Alpine, L for Lamancha, N for Nubian (of course), B for Oberhasli, etc. Their website is www.sadga.org

1 - 9 of 9 Posts