The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mt_Saanen
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I am very new to the goat world. About a year ago, I started researching about having a family milk doe. I found an excellent 3-4 year old, unregistered Saanen doe. She and I have learned a lot togeather this year. Now comes breeding season. I have acess to a purebread Oberhasli buck. I like the idea of crossing to another Swiss breed, and both have strong conformations, and good dispositions, all in all a nice cross, I THINK...Anyone have this cross, and could tell me what you think? Thank you

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
I do not, but I would imagine it would be a nice cross :)

·
Registered
30,581 Posts
They are beautiful...we only had a saanen buck when we had oberhasli does...babies were always a creamy white..some times a bit of rusty color on the head and down the spine, fast growing as well balanced..its a nice mix :D

·
RussellP
536 Posts
I have a Saanen buck and bred him to my biggest Alpine doe. The result was a single buckling that should be saddle broke by now, he was huge. I sold him to a church camp, they were going to wether him and make a pack animal. She is pregnant again, I am hoping for a giant doeling or three this winter. I do not have any Ober's, but would love to try that cross, I am thinking good size, great personality, and awesome milk quality. Keep us posted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts