The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
We are just starting to push. More discharge. She seems confused about what to do. I thought she was just about to have it, since her pushes seem to be stronger. Then Sadie turkey picked up and dropped a spoon and spooked the goat. And she’s laying down again. Soon I think!

·
Registered
Myotonic and Nigerian dwarf goats
229 Posts
Yay! Congrats! Can’t wait for pictures! 😊

Reactions: Emrcornerranch

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Thank you guys! Waiting on Flora Rose to pick the day to have hers. I’m sure she will be loud. She’s talking just doing anything. Always has something to murmur murmur about. Francis was soooo quiet. It was pretty cool having three family members rush around trying to help me hold Francis to get Aster out. Never thought my sister would try to pull a kid! She thought baby wasn’t going to make it. It wasn’t really that dramatic though. My parents helped hold her while I stuck my hand in and found the other front hoof going around that side then pointing up by the kids back toward the opposite back hip. Her shoulder must have been about to come out of the socket! When I moved that hoof under her body, there was a pop sound (from shoulder or getting her unstuck) and she came right out. Very satisfying feeling knowing it got out ok, and everybody seems fine.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts