Any Tips For Promoting Websites???

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by HollowbeadRanch, Dec 4, 2007.

1. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Does anyone have any tips for promoting websites? I just listed my website with GoatFinder.com (and they spelled it wrong :roll: Twice :roll: :roll: ), and I have already added tags and a description to my site, submitted it to Google, and submitted it to the DMOZ open directory. Does anyone know of any other good Mini Breeders Directories to list with? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks!
    Brandi

2. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

there is a site at cometothefarm.com they have a herd name database that you can ad your herdname, story and website to.
    There is also goatshopper.com, i put an ad for one goat for sale that and put my website in the ad.
    There is cybergoat.com.
    And then of course the goat forums, i belong to this one and dairy goats plus. and have my web adress set to the bottem of each post. This helps a lot, especially when you post in the welcome section, welcoming new people to the forum, they see it. and a lot of times click on it.
    beth

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    on goatshopper you can just place your herd info as well.

It expires after a few months then I re post it.

I also placed mine on http://www.goatseeker.com but there is now a small fee to be a part of it. Something like a dollar a month or something like that

4. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    For me, I did the meta tags on my website, but I didn't put those on my site until I had it up for 7 months but I was still getting a lot of hits.

I submitted my site to google, ask.com, yahoo, dogpile(yes thats a search engine) also I put it on as many free breeders directories as I could, and had it listed on other peoples websites.

2 months ago I was bored so I started googling things, like 'LaMancha breeders in Illinois' 'LaMancha breeders' 'LaMancha' 'Dairy Goat breeders in Illinois' etc and on almost all of them, I was on the first page and on a couple I was number one on the page.

Also, with that new Clicky stats thingy from freewebs, it tells you how people find your site from search engines. People were finding my site by looking for certain goats, or looking for goat breeders.

It takes a while but your tags do work eventually :D

5. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I put mine on google and business cards, my farm shirt, breeders directory with my registry, other breeder's sites, flyers....just a bunch of places. I post business cards in feed stores and any store that has a bulletin board.

6. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    That is a good idea, I need to make me up some business cards and distribute them.

7. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Yes business cards are always great. I always have them with me, i have given them out at garage sales farmers markets lots of places. Word of mouth is another giid way. I also have my business cards sitting out on a small stand when i go to shows. People pick them up.
    beth