The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,150 Posts
Let baby get hungry. Have a very warm bottle of milk ready. Set baby on your lap..legs tucked..hold chin slightly tipped up with one hand and slip the bottle in with the other. Pulse the bottle to get milk flowing. May take a a few times.
Adding honey to the nipple can help if very stubborn.
Just put honey on your finger and put far back on tongue to stimulate sucking reflex. Do this a few times until baby really sucks it off..slip nipple in and pulse...

Best wishes

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Make the kid swallow up.
you do not want milk in its lungs.
I do this by placing the kid on my left leg holding the kids head lower than his body with my left hand.
turn the kids head to the side so extra milk is able to flow out the lower side of the kids mouth. with your left hand placed above the kids nose take your thumb and middle finger and gently massage the corners of the kids mouth,while the nipple is in the kids mouth.
if that doesn't work.
Still holding the kid as you are stick your index finger in the kids mouth to simulate the nipple. wiggle your finger up and down. Another way to explain the motion is. top of the kids mouth then down on the tongue.
with the bottle squirt some milk on your finger and let it run in to the kids mouth. when the kid starts to suck quickly remove your finger and insert the bottle.
good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts