The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a long shot, but maybe someone here can help. This is Dixie. She is a Nigerian Dwarf March yearling that we bought in Maine this past February, somewhere North of Portland. The lady we purchased her from was not the breeder, but she did provide a registration application from the breeder, which I have since lost. The pigment in her ears is very dark, and I have been unable to make out any tattoos, even with a flashlight.

When we brought her home I wasn't really worried about her registration, because she was in such bad shape I didn't think she would live long. We've managed to bring her back from the edge, and my children have become quite attached to her. I would love for them to be able to show their favorite goat at the county fair in a couple of years. If anybody has any ideas your input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading!

Attachments

·
city-turned-country girl
1,107 Posts
She's pretty! Are you looking to get her bred, or are you looking for the farm where she was born?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
If you can't track down registration papers for her, you can always register her as a NOA. ( Native On Appearance, just in case you didn't know (;!)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sylvie-thank you! I'm looking for her farm of origin. I'm hoping to get in contact with her breeder. I'm kind of afraid to get her bred. She's only about 14 inches at the shoulder, and if she were to have problems kidding I think our only option would be a C-section. She would also have to be bred to an itty bitty guy. My bucks would squash her.

Delilah- I didn't think Nigerians could be registered as NOA? Thought I had read that somewhere. If I'm wrong that could be an option. Thanks!

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
28,461 Posts
Hmm... Maybe contact the person you bought her from?

No, Nigerians can not be registered NOA... Only standard breeds... Kinda stinks...

Is that second pic resent? Is that black doe way in the background Georgia??

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Skyla!

The woman we got her from does not remember the name of the breeder, only the town the farm was located in. That is Georgia in the way back. She and Lovers are doing great. I'm in love with those goats. Since they got here I'm able to make cheese twice a week. Here's a pic of her from earlier this evening. I'll try to get one of lovers tomorrow.

Attachments

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
28,461 Posts
Hi :D

Oh that's a bummer... :( hmm.. I'll do some looking around.. You could always ask some breeders in Maine if they know anyone in that area.. I'll look through my ADGA member book too.

Awe she looks great :) she looks quite content and happy :) not that she is hard to please as long as you give her food and some cuddles every day :)
Wow! That's great! We still haven't made cheese yet this year... We did some ice cream and butter though :) but we have 12 gallons in the freezer and I want some goat cheese! :D LOL!

I would love to see Lovers! I miss those buggers :) I'm so happy they are happy and healthy and doing well :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.