The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my never ending battle against the barberpole worm, I'm constantly reevaluating my battle plan. I've been researching BioWorma as a possible tool to use as well as planting some sericea lespedeze. All the articles I've read speak favorably of these in helping to control the barberpole worm. Most of the articles were used as a selling point and not from a nonbiased source. I've not heard any personal experiences about the long term utilization of either. So my question is has anybody had any experience with either? Do either seem to have made a noticeable difference in your parasite problem? Are they economically feasible? Or have you found them to just be "snake oil"? Thanks for your input.

·
Super Moderator
58,455 Posts
I don't have any personal experience with that. But my personal experience with keeping worms at bay is with weekly Replamin Plus and a good loose mineral out. When their minerals are at proper level, they seem to do better.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
If you use BioWorma correctly, it has the potential to change your program for the better. However, it is expensive, so we have not had the chance to use it first hand. The studies I’ve seen are promising.

I’ve heard several positive firsthand experiences. Someone said that their kids weaned at nearly 25% heavier, and the dams were in better condition.

Only downside is the expense. It would be an amazing tool for everyone if it was more affordable. Due to this, some farmers will use it during the peak worm season to help lower worm loads on the pasture.

Just remember it’s not a dewormer!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts