The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man its been sooooo nice here. For the last 2 weeks about we have been into the high 40s and low 50s. Still some nice chilly mornings with night temps around 30 degrees or so. Mostly a mix of cloudy / foggy days but man this last week has been sweet. We have never got to start our spring mucking this early before. Most of the time have to wait till March for the ground to loosen up. OR if its been warmer it usually is a sloppy mess from early rains or late snows. But its been perfect for mucking :) With work being so slow, am putting my free time to good use!

Been hand mucking shelters for the last 2 weeks and tractor mucking pens and loafing areas for the last 3 days. Will finish up the milkers loafing area tomorrow and start on the kids pen areas. Going to either have to replace a section of field fencing with combo panels or hand muck one of those pens... will "climb that fence" when I get to it :) After the kid pens that will just leave the 2 bucks and Fun Boys / Justices pen left. We will be 100% totally mucked out in the next week! That has never happened before :) We are always forced to hold off on all but the milkers areas due to all the baby raising chores.

Anyways, anyone else finding themselves with an early "spring"? If so, what are you getting done?

·
Banned
849 Posts
We're having a late winter. We had no snow after Christmas until just last week, then finally we got a couple of nice snowstorms (got about a foot last Monday). We usually have sort of an early "spring" in February before the March/April snowstorms. Gee, I hope we get a lot of those spring snows this year... we've been in terrible drought for way too long.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts